❛ I Love You ❜

⌗ 12
third person ✎ᝰ
_______________

Mason exits through the double doors and comes to a shudder as the cool breeze of the night touches her skin. It's quiet out here. Almost, a whole new atmosphere to the one inside.

The doorman from earlier this evening looks at her worriedly. "Is everything all right miss?"

Mason shakes her head. "Hm, not really. That's why I'm here," She chuckled. "To make it right."

The doorman shifts his gaze. It didn't take much effort to figure out why the young lady had brought herself outside in the late of the night.

"Is that your lady, miss?" The doorman asked.

Mason breaks away from her longing stare, "Oh, um. It's complicated." She answered, now looking at the doorman. "We're not..." Her voice fades. Just friends she tried to say. But her lips failed to speak those words. She didn't want to.

The doorman wonders. "Was it an argument?"

Mason shook her head once more, "It's not that. But, earlier tonight. I had something to say. To confess actually... I've had it planned for a while now," She chuckled. "But, I don't know what came over me." She looked back at Riley. She was sitting down by the lawn in the far distance. "I got scared. I mean... how could I not. She looks really beautiful tonight. She always does. But when I saw her tonight I..."

"You felt breathless?"

"That's exactly it," Mason chuckled softly. "But it wasn't just that. It's like my body froze and my throat went dry and when she was right there...I couldn't do or say anything. And she walked off."

"Do you think she feels the same way?" Mason could feel the genuine sincerity from the doorman. He didn't know her at all. But he still made the effort to help her out.

"I'm not really sure," Mason shrugged. "My best friends always tell me that they think she does. But I never felt like it was a good idea to be hopeful. Just in case she doesn't. But now I can't help but wish that she does. Because I love her."

"Let me ask you something. What makes you think she doesn't feel the same way?"

That's a really good question.

"Do you genuinely believe she doesn't reciprocate how you feel? Or are you purposely convincing yourself that she doesn't? He adds.

"Because those are two entirely different things. Think about it...does she treat you differently than everybody else? Does she make time for you even though she's busy? Does she genuinely care about you and what goes on in your life? You don't have to tell me. But if you can answer those questions then you've got your answer. If she does all that and more and you still think that she doesn't...then maybe you had an idea all along. You've just been too scared to admit it."

Mason wells up in tears. He's right. She's been too scared to admit the fact that it's possible. Possible for her to feel the same. I've just been too dumb to realise that she thought. Too worried that she told her how she felt...Mason would lose her all together.

Mason looks back at the doorman. Jesse is written on his badge. There's a smile on his face as they meet eyes. "Thank you, Jesse. I appreciate it." She thanked him several times.