❛ Paradise ❜

seventy one ✎ᝰ

THE COTTON CANDY sky had dawned upon the beautiful ocean pool. The view was mesmerising; a mixture of light and fluffy and softly colourful; pastels of pink, purple and blue that would easily take your breath away. The ocean was calm; unlike the heart of one that felt like it were thrashing waves in the middle of a brutal storm.

Riley held a hand over her heart. Please be calm she pleaded. She hadn't been this nervous since her graduation speech all those months ago. Her right hand held Mason tightly. "Follow me."

She guided her down a flight of stairs that led them to the small pool deck. Mason could hardly believe her own eyes. "Wow...this place is beautiful." She exclaimed. "This actually exists?"

Riley nodded. "I used to visit this place whenever I wanted a peace of mind. It was just like no other place." She smiled. "I could think about life while looking out into the ocean. I'd find myself here for hours on end...sometimes till the sun set. It's absolutely worth it though. You'll see."

The pair had reached the bottom of the stairs. It was quite empty for this time of day; Riley felt relieved. She hoped that they'd have the place to themselves this evening ; and at the minute, it sure seemed like it. It was one less thing for Riley to worry about— making it much easier for her.

Mason took the hem of her oversized tee between her fingernails. "Do you think the water will be cold?" She looked down at the manmade pool. It was absolutely beautiful up close. "I could cry just thinking about it." The comment left Riley in a fit of laughter. "Don't laugh! Aren't you worried?"

The latter took the hem of her oversized tee and pulled it over her head and tossed it to the side before jumping into the water. Mason stepped back and gasped. "Riley! Oh my goodness."

Riley brought her knees to her chest and let her body submerge into the water. Her mouth curved up into a warm smile as she brought herself back up over the water. "The water is beautiful, baby."
She runs her fingers through her curly waves.

"Oh wow." Mason felt her heart begin beat rapidly against her chest. "Riley..." She couldn't help but swallow her words at the mere sight of the young lady in front of her. Mason had soon realised that this was the second time they've been in the water. She vividly recalled their time at the lake all those years ago. Mason was just as speechless as the first time; she was breathless and falling in love with Riley all over again. Her heart had been captured and she knew it was solely hers.

It was always going to be.

Mason held the hem of her shirt and brought it over her head, revealing a floral one piece that would leave Riley just as breathless as she left the latter. She tossed her shirt down on the pool deck and moved towards the the two hand rails. Mason hovered a hand over either one and dipped a toe in to test the waters. "Hmm."

"Are you getting in or will I have to bring you in here myself?" Riley questioned. She managed to stay afloat; easily becoming one with the water.

Mason took one step at a time into the water and got in safely. "Not anymore." She smiled proudly. Why, was that a threat or a promise?"

Riley shrugged. "It could've been both." She held her hands out for Mason to hold. "Come." The latter obliged and they brought themselves to the edge of the pool where the the rocky edge stood between the ocean waves. It was absolutely mesmerising and they were both in awe of it.