6: P.E

"Stretch!" Our gym teacher shouted. Everyone begins to sretch in their own ways, as I stand in the back next to miles, crossing one arm over my other. I hum a song quietly, waiting for time to pass a bit. I feel Miles' eyes piercing through me, so I decide to look back at him.

           We sit there for about a minute before i crack a smile, looking away. I could hear him chuckling, as he shifts his position. "Ugh I'm so hungry..." I whine. "Why don't you eat during lunch?" He replies. I scratch the back of my head awkwardly while turning my head away.

           We all get up as a class to do our own thing, I look around for anything to do, however every equipment was already taken. I notice Miles heading over to the basketball court, along with some other guys. I start walking towards them, sitting to the side. This is gonna be so boring..

           I watch Miles carefully, as he runs along with the other boys. I doze off, thinking about all the food that I could possibly eat. For about the next 20 minutes, I was on my phone. Next thing I know, something impacted onto my head. I wince in pain, pressing on my head.

           "Are you okay??" A guy quickly rushes towards me. The other men were looking, encouraging him to apologize to me. Miles looks at me with his chin up. "I'm so sorry," the guy holds onto my head, "Are you alright?" "I.. I'm fine.." I look down. "Are you sure??" He looks at me with worry, crouching down at me.

           I was about to respond back, when I'm abruptly pulled up by my arm, making me stand up. The guy stands up aswell, looking over to the person who pulled me up. "She's fine. Leave her be," They spoke. I look behind me, seeing that the person who's latched onto my arm was none other than Miles.

           They sit there for a few seconds, staring at each other, before the guy speaks up, "My bad bro, I was just making sure," he puts his hands up. "Yeah? Well watch it," Miles pulls me closing to him. The guy sighed, scratching the back of his head. Looking back at the group of men, then back at me.

           "Well, my name's AJ," he sheepishly says, "I'll see you around?..." "Yeah, yeah... I'll.. See you around," I meet his eyes. They were dark brown, his dreads dangling from his head as he wore a beanie. His jacket was red, and he had ashy-black pants. "Tch," Miles rolls his eyes, looking to his side.

           As AJ walks away, Miles forces me to turn around, with his hands on both my shoulders. "Listen, can you stay away from him?" He sighs, looking down. "Why?" I slide my phone into my back pocket. "Just- Listen to me. Please," he looks back at me, with pleading eyes. (the way he looked at 1610 Miles)

           I sigh, giving up. "Fine," I had a feeling that no matter how much I tried, he wouldn't tell me anyways. He rubs my shoulder with his thumb, before letting me go and walking back to the group of boys. I sit back down, taking my phone out to pass time again.

           The bell rings, and it's finally time for the last class of the day. I had study block, so once I bid my goodbye to Miles, I just headed over to the library, sitting down on one of the chairs then putting my head down to sleep. Some thoughts from earlier linger in my mind, but it eventually passes on and I fall asleep.

--

           I felt something poking me. I slowly open my still heavy eyes, while blinking. I rub my eyes, looking around, then looking to my side. My attention turns to AJ, who had his head resting on his hand, while his body was turned to mine. He softly smiles, "Good morning sleepy head." I furrow my eyebrows, still blinking from how heavy my eyes were.

           "What time is it?" I mutter. "2:10pm," He checks his watch. "Huh.." I got up, grabbing my stuff and heading out the library. Miles told me to avoid him.. I pace my speed a little more, reaching for my phone. I checked all of my pockets, but it wasn't there.

           "Looking for this?" I hear AJ behind me. I look back, seeing him pinching my phone, holding it up for me to see. I quickly rush to him, reaching for my phone. He quickly raises it, making it unreachable for me. "Ugh, give me my phone," I complain. "Hmm.. Why should I?" He raises it even higher.

           I jump, trying to snatch it from him, "Because it's my phone, give it back." "Nahh," he chuckles. At this point I was getting pretty irritated. "You gotta say the magic word~" he grins. I sigh. "Please," I mutter under my breath. "Huuhh?" He leans closer. "Please," I raise my voice a little louder.

           "I can't hear yo-" He was cut off by someone snatching the phone from him. I look over to see Miles, once again. "Just give her her phone back weirdo," He glares at him while handing me back my phone. AJ backs up, putting his hands in the air. "I was just playin'," he chuckles, "Nothing serious."

           "Yeah whatever. Let's go," Miles harshly grabs my wrist, dragging me out of the school. Once we got out, he turns to face me. "Do you know how to listen?" He sounded pretty annoyed. "I was trying to find my phone, and he-" He cuts me off, "Stay away from him."

           "Listen, I tried to but-" "Stop trying to make excuses," he sighs, looking away. "But I'm not, he took my phone without me realizing it," I finally got to speak. "Then take better care of your stuff," he raises his voice. "I didn't know!" I look at him. He closes his eyes, as I feel my eyes starting to tear up.

           "All you gotta do is just stay away from him. That's it!" he spoke, looking at me. He notices my eyes watering, and cups my face with his hand, looking at me with sorrow. He realized how hard he was on you. "Well, you aren't even trying to hear me out," I wipe my eyes, walking away.

           "No, Y/N- I'm sorry," I hear him from the distance. "Leave me alone, Miles," I continue walking, making my way into the city. I could feel the tears starting to roll down my cheeks. I keep wiping them, but they wouldn't stop. Eventually, I just let them roll off without me drying them.

           I felt super tired, and I was ready to go home and rot in my bed. But suddenly I was pulled into an alleyway, with a cloth over my mouth and nose. I try to break free, but they had a tight grip on both my wrists. I could feel myself losing my consciousness, eventually knocking out.

           But before I did, I heard them say a few words. "I got her. Mhm. I'm on my way."

--
1200 words

if i don't end up posting the 2nd one tonight, i'll post it tmr morning. i didn't have time to write a lot today, i was out at church and accompanying my mom to stores

thanks for understanding -- have a good night :)