CHAPTER 4

I walk straight up to the commotion and make it a point to stand right in between Zayden and Jose. Jose is an innocent young boy and I don't want Ledger to be stepping on him. It's just not fair.

"Hey what's going on here?" I ask Jose. He doesn't reply and only stands there quietly with his head down.

I turn towards Zayden and question him "Mr. Ledger? What is the problem here?"

He simply looks at me with an unreadable expression, seemed like a look of disgust to me. And says "This doesn't concern you, stay out of this." He did not...and this does concern me.

"Excuse me sir, but this does concern me. He is an employee here and he is my colleague."

His personal assistant tried to step in between and say something but Ledger here, practically dismissed him. "I'll handle this." Is what he says to his personal assistant before turning his attention back towards me.

"You don't have to come to his rescue, go find something else to do." he said sounding very irritated.

Is he trying to shoo me? He was speaking to me as if I am some kinda fly not a human. What the f^ck is this man's problem??? I am here trying to be as professional as possible but he keeps testing my patience.

"In the beginning I was merely just trying to understand the whole situation here but now, yes I am trying to rescue him...from you." If he can't respect me, he is not getting any in return.

"Do you not have anything better to do? Just get out of my way and let me deal with him." he said pointing behind me, towards Jose.

"If you have an issue, take it up to Mr. Morgan. You are not his boss; you have no rights to deal with him yourself." i said trying to make a point.

"Listen lady, stop wasting my time. Unlike you I do not have much free time...I am a busy man."

"Were you always so busy that you did not have the time to attend a class on basic mannerism?"

His whole expression changed...he went from being irritated to crazy mad "You better get out of this or I will make you." his tone...it was enough to make a grown man cry.

He just threatened me but my self-respect will not let me back down. "And I am not getting out of this. You don't scare me." he does, he really does scare me. The way he stood in front of me, spoke volumes. I knew from the very beginning this man is not to be screwed with, but I just did. Me and my morals.

He rubs his forehead with his right hand while his left hand remained in his pocket giving him an I-don't-give-a-single-f^ck type a look.

He looked at me again, with anger clearly visible in his eyes and a very annoyed look plastered all across his face. I know he is technically my boss even if I said he isn't, but oh well...it's done now...can't go back in time. And Jose needed my help.

"Do you even have any idea who I actually am? What I am capable of?" his words may not be that harsh but his tone was, you could sense the anger and frustration in his voice. But that ain't stopping me now. I may not exactly know what he is capable of but I sure as hell know that he is a very powerful man.

"I am aware of your identity sir, but I do not see how that is related to the situation here." I tried to sound as calm as possible even though my insides were hurdling at this point.

"I am technically your boss's boss." That is a fact. And I am here screwing with the person who practically owns half of this city.

"And that doesn't justify the situation here. Your company is collaborating with ours, but we do not work for you. So, you practically have no rights to mistreat an employee of our company." my mum was right when she said that my attitude will land me in trouble someday.