-prologue-

If you're starting to read here, you found the right place. Sorry for the confusion :)
______________________________________

I was overwhelmed by the amount of everything I felt that moment. I felt everything and nothing at the same time. Okay, this wasn't real grammar, but as it's only in my thoughts, who is going to judge me?

Maybe I really did catch the cold from my sister. Well, I knew for a fact it wasn't right. The way we had to move, because he was staying. We had to. Were we weak? Were we giving up?

I wanted to tell myself he did. He was in the wrong. He should've been a better man. A better father, a better husband, and maybe just a better person. A dad.

A dad who wouldn't forget to pick up his son from a birthday party, so he'd have to wait four and a half hours all by himself, because he was telling everyone at the party they shouldn't wait nor worry, since his daddy was coming any minute now. The belief in his own saying fading with each time he got up because a car drove by that looked similar to his dads. He couldn't exactly read yet back then. This was a week before his 6th birthday, and he never told anyone about it.

We had to move because my mom was divorcing my father. Gemma and I obviously wanted to come with her, since we both had a very difficult relationship with him.

As bad as this probably sounds, I was okay with it after all, because I hoped for a new beginning. I wished for everything to stay at the place we just left about an hour ago. If everything had stayed behind, I could have a fresh start, a new chance, so basically, a new life.

An additional benefit coming from it was, that my dad would stop bothering me about a girlfriend, who would only ever exist in his imagination. Thinking about this topic made me so incredibly uncomfortable, that I rarely thought about it in the first place.

Maybe that was a lie, but as it now only existed in my thoughts and wasn't anything really existing, I could at least pretend it wasn't real.

I didn't know much about this place we were going to live at, other than that my mom found a great job offer at some office and gemma found a good university not too far away from us where she would finish her studies.

Our small house was going to be not too far from a pretty lake and also my high school. Doncaster high, not a very original name, at least in my opinion, but I didn't know anyone at that school, and that was a good enough reason for me to like it.

I looked through the rearview mirror and saw my sister in the car behind us singing really loadly with the music. She never failed to make me smile.

My mother saw it and pinched my check gently. "I love your smile, you know." I looked out the window, hiding my smile coyly, as she suddenly turned the radio on and began to sing some ABBA track, and I couldn't resist joining in as we slowly approached Doncaster.

______________________________________
01.02.24
ITS HARRYS B-DAY

It took me a big amount of courage to finally take this step and redo my story since it's been with me for so long. But I promised I'd finish it, and I figured it's better for me to do it like this. I hope to update you once every two weeks and if it goes badly once a month. But I have prepared chapters, so you won't have to wait extra long