Chapter 2: Qualified

Four months ago, I got this job interview from a friend who knew a friend who knew a friend- give or take a few friends- who knew Laura Filipowicz, the Sturniolos' manager. Personal Assistant to the Sturniolo Triplets isn't the type of job that's going to be on Google job search for just anybody. Do you know how many teenage girls would want to be the Sturniolos' assistant? A lot. I'm guessing approximately 4.6 million girls, assuming that over half of their 5.8 million subscribers are teenage girls. I'm subscribed to them, I'm twenty-four, and it seemed like I was in the minority of the fans that went to the Let's Trip Tour.

Anyway, once the Sturniolos hit five million subscribers, I heard through the grapevine that they needed an assistant to help with their day-to-day schedule. I was new to Los Angeles and was looking for work when this fell into my lap. I had an interview with Laura, and she said she was impressed. She liked that I had a college degree in film and English and had experience working as a personal assistant but questioned why I wanted to stay a personal assistant. She wanted to know where I saw my career going- which was the most challenging question I had to answer because I still don't really know. I told her that as a fan of the Sturniolos, I wanted to help them grow their business, and I wanted a full-time job while I worked on my manuscript. I assured her that this job would be my first priority and that my writing wouldn't get in the way. It actually hadn't been getting in the way of anything because I hadn't written in a while.

Laura called me back a day after my interview and told me the triplets wanted to interview me. It didn't seem real meeting them in person when I've been watching their videos for so long. On a scale from "I am the Sturniolo triplets' number one fan" to "I have no idea who the Sturniolo triplets are"... I'd say I'm about a six. Do I make edits of them or run a fan account? No. Do I own all of their merch? No. Can I quote some of their car videos? Yes. Do I think one of them is cute? Also yes, but it's like a celebrity crush; I admire him from afar but that doesn't mean anything because it's not like I've spent time with him. That's why it's not worth mentioning which one I have a crush on.

It was such a blur. All I remember was them asking me a lot of questions about my other jobs, what kinds of things I like to write about, and some other facts about me. It felt like a chemistry read when one actor is already cast and they're trying to see if the other one is a good fit. The Sturniolo triplets are the stars of the film and I guess we had great chemistry because they hired me on the spot, and I signed a lot of paperwork.

My daily tasks include reminding the triplets of their schedule, ordering or making them food, going on small errands, and occasionally driving them around when Matt needs a break. They haven't needed me to edit anything yet, but sometimes I'll film them. Everything has been going great. It's been four months and they haven't fired me so they must like me.