Chapter 13: "Home Sweet Home..."

74: EXT. ROXANNE'S CHILDHOOD HOME DAY FADE IN:

The next day, Nikki and Roxanne head back to Seattle where they both grew up to pick up Roxanne's old things from her Dad's house.

NIKKI: (Gets out of the car and looks up at the house) This is it?

ROXANNE: Yep... This is it.

NIKKI: Jeez, what a shithole

ROXANNE: (To herself) "I hadn't been back to Seattle in almost 10 years. Seeing the house again brought back a lot of shitty memories. I almost didn't wanna go inside."

NIKKI: You ready for this?

ROXANNE: Yeah...

NIKKI: Babe, relax. Your Dad's not even here.

ROXANNE: I know, it's just... Weird being here again.

NIKKI: I know babe, but I'm here. Come on, let's just go in and get it over with.

ROXANNE: You're right... Let's go.

Roxanne took a deep breath and grabbed Nikki's hand as they slowly approached the front door.

75: INT. ROXANNE'S CHILDHOOD HOME (LIVING ROOM) DAY CUT TO:

Roxanne steps foot into her childhood home for the first time in almost 10 years.

ROXANNE: (To herself) "As soon as I stepped foot in the living room, I was hit by the smell of stale cigarettes and whiskey. The house was totally trashed, unsurprisingly."

NIKKI: (Looks around in disgust) Jesus, was it always this bad?

ROXANNE: Pretty much. I mean, I'd try to clean up when I got home from school, but after a while I just didn't bother because I knew Dad was just gonna fuck it all up again anyway.

NIKKI: (Shakes his head) Fuck, Rox.

ROXANNE: Come on, my room's this way.

Roxanne grabbed Nikki's hand and led him to a room at the end of the hallway.

76: INT. ROXANNE'S CHILDHOOD HOME (BEDROOM) DAY CUT TO:

ROXANNE: (Comes in with Nikki) (to herself) "To my surprise, my room was totally intact. It's like he left it completely untouched. It was exactly how I remembered it."

NIKKI: (Looks around) Nice room babe, a lotta Bowie posters.