Chapter 14: Monsters of Rock

82: INT. RECORDING STUDIO DAY

FADE IN:

One week later, the girls have gotten settled in Los Angeles and are reconnecting and are about to meet the rest of the Crüe.

NIKKI: (Comes in with the girls) Guys, take 5. These are Rox's friends Lita Lavigne and Daphne Conrad. They used to have a little band when they were in high school.

VINCE: Far out! You girls still play?

DAPHNE: Yeah!

NIKKI: I told them how we've been looking for some new backup singers, I figured they could audition for us so you can see what these chicks can do. Daphne, you can use my bass. Lita, you can take over Tommy's drums.

TOMMY: (Looks at Lita in disbelief) Wait... Lita?!

LITA: (Smirks) So you DO recognize me, eh drummer?

NIKKI: Wait, you two know each other?

LITA: Yep, T-Bone and I go way back, I replaced his sorry ass in Suite 19!

MICK: (Snickers) Hehe, you got replaced by a chick.

Nikki, Vince and the girls all laughed.

TOMMY: Hey, I recommended her!

LITA: Yes, and I'm so grateful you did! Now move it, it's my turn.

TOMMY: (Rolls his eyes and gets up) Pushy!

MICK: Wait, you're a drummer?

LITA: (Smirks) Yeah, you got a problem with that Mars?

MICK: No, I've just never seen a chick drummer, I don't think I could even name one off the top of my head.

LITA: (Puts her hand on her hip) Karen Carpenter.

MICK: (Shrugs) Ok you got me.

LITA: Hey, I'm just screwing with ya man, I think you're awesome. Your riffs kick ass.

Mick's eyes widened momentarily. He even blushed.

MICK: Oh... Well, uh... Thanks.

NIKKI: So Lita, I gotta ask, were you and T-Bone ever... You know, a thing?

TOMMY AND LITA: (Both look at each other for a momemt before bursting out laughing) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LITA: Fuck no! I'm friends with his sister Athena, we were best friends when we were little. I'm originally from California, until we moved to Seattle when I was 11, that's when I met Rox.and Daph.

TOMMY: (Grabs her and gives her a noogie) Yep, I've known this little twerp since she was in diapers!

LITA: Hey, watch it. Just because I'm a little younger than you that doesn't mean I can't kick your ass!

MICK: Hehe, I'd like to see that.

TOMMY: Alright enough of this shit, let's see what you girls can do!

Roxanne, Lita and Daphne all picked up their instruments and tuned up.

NIKKI: What are you guys gonna sing?

ROXANNE: Well, we were looking through my old journals last night, and some of my lyrics weren't as bad as I remember, we found one we liked and made a few adjustments. This is called "Bleed".

Roxanne began to play a heavy riff as the girls joined in.