No Way Home

"I have to go" Wilbur told Tommy,as the two stood there by the beach.
"But I don't understand where are you going?" Tommy pleaded for an answer.
"Somewhere very far away"
Tommy's stomach churned as a sudden realization sank in.
"You're going to kill yourself" his heart was pounding in his ears, "Will you can't do this I won't let you kill yourself"
"I'm not going to kill myself"
"Than tell me where you're going!" Tommy pulled out a sword. Wilbur's eyes widened, he held up his hands in an attempt to be placating.
"Tommy calm down-
Tommy swung the sword as Wilbur stumbled back and fell on the ground, leaving a small scratch on Wilbur's face.
"Tommy stop, I'll talk! I'll talk."
The look he gave Tommy was something Tommy had never seen before, at least not directed at him. He'd seen Wilbur afraid before, like when Tommy fought dream or when Schlatt had exiled them from L'manburg, but all those times Wilbur had been afraid for Tommy. Now Wilbur was afraid of Tommy, but fear wasn't the only thing Tommy saw in his eyes. He also saw hurt and betrayal, like he had looked in the final control room with Eret.
Tommy dropped the sword.
"Were you going to kill me?"
"No I couldn't do that I was just angry, I never used to be this angry."
"I'm going to Utah" Wilbur said as if that made any sense.
"What the fuck is Utah?"
"It's where I'm from Tommy and I'm going home." He gestured to a boat sitting near the shore.
"But why can't this be your home?" Tommy once again pleaded with him for an answer.
"Because too many things have happened here" Wilbur reached to move the sword, which was still lying on the ground, out of Tommy's reach. Tommy stepped on the sword. Wilbur looked up at him, some of the fear was back.
"Then take me with you, it's always been me and you right, we're like brothers."
"Tommy I can't it doesn't work like that, I can't take anyone with me."
"Then I can't let you leave Will", Tommy picked up the sword again and Wilbur scrambled back away from him, but sighed in relief when Tommy sheathed it. That relief didn't last long though when Tommy revealed two potions.
"Tommy what are those for" Wilbur finally stood up off the ground, slowly backing away.
"Do you remember back before l'manburg, when we had that drug van and we were brewing all kinds of different potions?"
"Yes?"
"Do you remember that interesting thing that happened when slowness and weakness interacted?"
Wilbur turned to run, but Tommy through the slowness potion and caught up with him immediately.
"The person to forget what exactly they were doing, get really confused, and became very trusting of other people."
"Tommy no, please don't do this I-
Tommy threw the weakness potion. The effect was almost instantaneous. Wilbur stopped trying to run, and looked around as if he didn't know where he was.
"Tommy, what's going on?"
"You took a pretty nasty hit to the head, you should get home. Come on I'll walk you there"
"Alright" Wilbur followed Tommy as he pulled him along by the arm, leaving Wilbur's boat behind on the beach.
After a little bit of walking through the woods Tommy stopped.
"Wilbur, give me your things."
"Why?"
"Don't worry I'll give them back later" Tommy lied, not actually answering the question. Wilbur frowned but gave him his stuff anyway. All he had was a stack of cobblestone and some bread. Tommy gave him back the bread and they kept walking. Tommy guided Wilbur, who had started mumbling to himself, around Las Nevadas. He didn't want to risk anyone seeing them when Wilbur was very obviously not acting like himself.
So far they hadn't run into anyone as Tommy and Wilbur entered Tommy's house and Tommy started rummaging through chests until he found what he was looking for. Potions, lots of them. Not just weakness and slowness but healing, strength,swiftness, invisibility, harming, and slow falling. He also grabbed a couple stacks of obsidian and wood, as well as some food.
"Tommy I thought we were going to Phil's house, since you know, that where I live" Wilbur said, although he didn't actually sound all that concerned to Tommy. In fact he seemed a little preoccupied playing with the clock on Tommy's wall.
"We're going to take a little hike through the woods, the fresh air will make you feel better don't you think will?" He gave Wilbur a bright smile, like everything would be okay. Wilbur just hummed in response.
Tommy decided to head towards the woods on the other side of where l'manburg used to be. He didn't know exactly where they were going, but he knew it had to be in the opposite direction of Phil's house. He and Wilbur were half way across the glass covering the crater when there were footsteps behind them.
"Hi Phil!" Wilbur greeted as they turned around.
"Hey mate, hello Tommy" Phill greeted
"Where are you two headed?"
"We're going for a hike to make me feel better" Wilbur said cheerfully. Tommy tensed. Phill looked between the two of them, the way Tommy seemed to be purposely standing in front of Wilbur.
"Well I've been all confused and Tommy said going on a hike would make me feel better." Phill reached for his sword.
"Tommy, step away from my son"
"Philza, please there's no need to resort to violence" Tommy said while desperately searching through his inventory. He was not about to let Phil ruin everything now. "Will may have a little bit too drunk, and I was just going to help him sober up."
"Don't lie to me Tommy, Wilbur told me all about your hotdog van, I know what weakness and slowness do together and I know he wouldn't do that to himself willingly."
Tommy found what he was looking for. He splashed both slow falling and invisibility on himself and Wilbur before breaking the glass and dropping into the crater. Phil ran for the edge of the glass, probably hoping to get down along the sides of the hole or dig down, but Tommy and Wilbur would be long gone by the time he managed to make his way down.