Two Years Later

It had been two years since then, although to Phil it didn't always feel like it. Time didn't drag on now like it did during those few months. Tommy had been living with Ranboo and Tubbo, and when Phil had asked how they were stopping him from coming after Wilbur again they informed him that Tommy wore a similar anklet to what Phil had when he was on house arrest. It was something, but it had taken a long time of going without incident for the paranoia to fade. Now that he thought about it, it had been a while since he'd asked Ranboo how things were going.
"Phil, are you doing alright?" Puffy's voice pulled him back to the present.
"Huh? Oh yes, I was just thinking." Puffy had been giving therapy to him, Wilbur, and Tommy as well. Which was a little bit awkward but Puffy was the only therapist on the server so they couldn't exactly get Tommy a different one.
"What were you thinking about?"
"I was thinking I should ask Ranboo how he's doing, maybe send one of my crows with a letter."
Puffy smiles "Yes I think that's a good idea, it's good to keep in touch with friends."
Puffy had been encouraging him and Wilbur to socialize more, especially Wilbur. Phil talked to Nicky, Ranboo, and Fundy sometimes, although probably not as much as he should. Wilbur really only talked to him and Fundy.
"I still worry about Wilbur" Phil's wings shifted uncomfortably, a habit he'd picked up during his time in captivity and never quite gotten rid of. "He says he's doing well but he only talks to me and Fundy, and he doesn't talk about Tommy. D- does he talk about him with you?"
Puffy's face softened with pity "I'm sorry Phil I can't tell you what I discuss with Wilbur. What I can tell you is that Wilbur is strong. He'll do what's right for him in his own time, and on his own terms. Try to have some faith in him."
"Thanks Puffy" Phil sighed. His mind buzzed with energy and yet his body was bone tired, he must be getting old. "I think I'll get out of your hair now."
"Are you sure? We still have few more minutes if there's anything else on your mind."
"No I think I'm alright, I should get home to the animals anyway" He stood up to leave.
"Alright take care of yourself Phil" she called as he headed out the door.

* * *

Phil got home just as the sun was about to set. He fed the animals quickly before heading inside. Wilbur sat on the couch with a book, although he didn't appear to actually be reading it.
"Hey Mate" Phil greeted casually.
"How was that?" Wilbur asked.
Odd, Wilbur didn't usually ask him about his therapy sessions with Puffy, "It was good, she really helps me to sort out how I feel about things" he replie, being purposely vague because he didn't really want to tell Wilbur they'd been talking about him. "How have your sessions with Puffy been going?"
"Good" he answered simply, not that Phil expected Wilbur to offer any detail, "I'll help you make dinner." That was odd too, Wilbur didn't usually like to share the kitchen. He would let Phil make things or he would make them himself but it was rare that they cooked together.
Eventually they settled on making Pizza for dinner. They worked silently, Phil making the dough while Wilbur worked on the sauce. Wilbur was very particular about how the sauce was done so Phil let him do that by himself. He was good at making the sauce too. Phil had once asked him if he'd be interested in opening up a pizzeria but he wasn't interested. He'd said something along the lines of not wanting to get all competitive like with the burger van.
Once they eventually sat down to eat it became apparent that something was on Wilbur's mind. He kept shifting around, his darting to all corners the room. He was chewing on the inside of his cheek but hadn't touched his pizza, which after nearly ten minutes was getting cold. Phil was starting his second slice of pizza when he finally decided to bite the bullet and ask Wilbur what the matter was.
"Will, what's going on?"
"Huh? Oh, it's nothing" he jumped a little, seemingly startled out of his thoughts.
"Mate come on, you haven't touched your food"
"Yes I have" Wilbur quickly took a bite of his pizza, to which Phil just responded with a raised eyebrow.
He mumbled something Phil couldn't quite make out through his mouthful of Pizza.
"What was that?"
He swallowed his bite, looking a little like he might throw up as he did so. "I said that- I said that I want to see Tommy."
Phil dropped his pizza "you what?"