Ch. 2 - Sisterly Bond

- The Entertainment District -

Tanjiro and Zenitsu had split off from the group to travel by the rooftops. They would patrol and try to get information from the outside, while Y/N and Inosuke went to the source. Tengen lead the 'ladies' through the crowds towards their destination, his overwhelming confidence seeping from every pore.

"Remember, it's just an act - follow my lead, and don't say anything," she whispered to her partner, smirking.

Y/N rolled her shoulders, pulling the neckline of her kimono to expose more of her chest.

He stared at her movements. She suddenly looked like a completely different person - was this even Y/N anymore?!

It clicked, then - pretend to be someone you're not. This will be a piece of cake.

As the three approached the Lotus House, one of the many pleasure houses in the district that specialized in young pretty women, Y/N made a habit of batting her eyelashes and smiling, her hips swiveling as she walked. Inosuke watched her and tried to imitate it - emphasis on "tried".

Tegen approached the front porch, bowing to the lady and master of the house. "Good evening! Thank you for responding to my letter, I sincerely appreciate your response despite my late notice," he smiled brilliantly, and the demon slayers could sense the lady falling for his charm.

"These are the girls I have brought, Y/Nickname and Suki," the Hashira stepped to the side, gesturing grandly to them.

The girls bowed deeply. "Thank you for considering us. We are so appreciative!" Y/N beamed.

"What a pretty face, and charming, too," the master of the house mused. "Does this one not speak?" he was gesturing to Inosuke -

"Me and my sister are polar opposites," y/n said with a giggle, grabbing Suki's hand and leaning deeply into his side. He looked at her for a moment and leaned back into her, tilting his shoulders in a way that hopefully came off as feminine and shy. "But please don't worry, I can definitely talk enough for the both of us!" she raised a finger to her red lips, showing off a dazzling smile.

"I see," the man nodded.

Thank god he bought that, Inosuke's voice would've given us away for sure.

"Well, we would definitely be interested in Y/Nick, but I'm not sure about this one-"

Shit.

She could briefly sense her teammate's panic.

"Oh, please, sir, I couldn't possibly be separated from Suki-chan!" Y/N took their fake sister's hands, pulling their chests and faces close to each other as she pleaded - making sure to let the neckline of her kimono inch down slightly for good measure. "I just don't know what I would do without my sister," faux tears welled in her eyes, her lip trembling as she turned to look at the beast breather. She was surprised to see him looking back at her, a slight sheen on his eyes as well. Wha - he's actually good at this?

"Alright, alright, if you really cannot be split, then we'll take them both," the man and Tegen exchanged a small amount of coin. "I'm sure several of our clients would be interested in sisterly offerings, anyways."

Inosuke's POV -

She was so close - her chest was pressed up to him, squishing against their clasped hands. Something flared in the pit of his stomach as he felt her aura shift to rage suddenly - did that dude say something offensive?

She was still pretending, though - if he wasn't this close to her, he might not have sensed how angry she was. His eyes were glued to her face, watching closely as she smiled and cooed thanks at the couple on the porch.