Ch. 4 - Butterflies

Inosuke smirked to himself, his arms full to the brim. He reached their room, inching the door open with his toes -who needs hands when you're this flexible?

"Lord Inosuke's got the goods! Wh- huh?"

His mission partner was seated on the edge of the bed, her head in her hands, shoulders scrunched up.

The food clattered to the floor along with the "kit" the house lady had provided. He knelt in front of her, grasping her arms. "Y/N, were you attacked?! Are you hurt?!"

"No, I'm not hurt..." She slid her hands down her face. "We need to get the fuck out of here."

"Huh? We can't leave, we still don't know anything about the demon we're looking for!"

"Inosuke, are you dumb?! Did you not hear ANYTHING that Lady or Okari said?!"

"Well YEAH I heard it, but none of it made any damn sense. Especially that box," he looked at the spilled contents out of the corner of his eye. "And - HEY WAIT A SECOND! THAT GIRL SAID YOU WERE WITH SOME GUY, WHEN WAS THERE ANOTHER GUY HERE?" his voice rose, obviously pissed, and his face was turning red. That fluttering feeling was back again, like there were bugs in his stomach.

"Oh my god, you ARE dumb! That was YOU," she leaned towards him, raising her voice. "She saw YOU, and ME. LAST NIGHT. And she thinks we... we..."

His lip twitched as he stared at her. "You mean, that blonde bitch was the one who opened our door?"

"Uuggghhh... Yes," her face was hot as her head drooped in embarrassment.

"Y/N, did you get hit on the head? That makes no fuckin' sense. She must have us confused with someone else. She said you were with a some hot guy,"

Oh my fucking god. He's absolutely oblivious.

"Have you ever once looked in a mirror, you fucking idiot?!"

"What kind of a question is that?! I was looking at the mirror this morning!"

He really doesn't know a damn thing... this man has zero social cues. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the encroaching thoughts.

"Inosuke, listen to me," she looked him directly in the eyes. "This is a pleasure house. Men come here and pay money for young, pretty girls to pleasure them. Do. You. Understand."

His blank stare told her that he did not.

"No." instant dejection. "Pleasure like...like... in your pants."

His head tilted, and for a moment she was terrified that he STILL didn't understand - and she was definitely NOT about to have the 'birds and bees' conversation with a grown ass man. But after a second, she could almost hear the creak of the rusty cogs start turning in his head.

"...BUT THAT LADY WANTS US TO-"

Y/N clamped a hand over his mouth as he continued to rant.

"Shut up, shut up! You're too loud!" he heaved and panted, his eyes angry and wide. "That's why we have to get information as soon as possible and then get the hell out of here,"

He grabbed her wrist, pulling her hand away from his mouth. His expression was dead serious as he leaned towards her. "Y/N, I will NEVER let ANYONE do something like that to you. I'LL KILL THEM,"

They stared at each other for a long moment, a deep blush spreading over Y/N's face. Only the muffled scrape of cleaning mops and distant birds could be heard, the Lotus House being fairly quiet during the daytime. She had always been able to handle herself, and he knew she was a more than capable fighter, and yet...

-Inosuke's POV-

Inosuke felt like the room was spinning. Damn it. If I had known we were coming to a place like this I never would have let Y/N do this mission. Her face is all red - what the fuck, why do I keep feeling so god damn WEIRD?

"GYA!" He yelled, forcefully tackling his partner.

They fell against the bed, his face buried against her torso, strong arms locked around her.

"HEY! Inosuke, what the HELL!" she struggled against him, trying to push him away. "Get OFF!"

He was mumbling something she couldn't quite hear. "What are you even saying?!"

He peered up at her, eyes sharp. "Every time I look at you, my body feels all weird and it pisses me off!" He let go, dropping back to the floor and covering his eyes as he leaned his head back dramatically. "All of this stupid girl shit is SO DUMB, I don't understand ANY OF IT!"

He groaned, digging his nails into his skin.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid," he mumbled.

"...Inosuke," She slid off the bed and sat on the floor in front of him. Her hands gently pulled his arms away from his face. "Don't hurt yourself. I know all of this confusing, but... we need to focus on figuring out where the demon is and then get the fuck out," 

He huffed, staring at the ceiling.

"Hey. Hello? Look at me!" He stubbornly leaned his head forward. The small window near the ceiling let in a stream of sunlight, highlighting the blue tones in his hair and casting shadows across his feminine features. "Good boy," she cooed, stifling a laugh.

A glint sparkled in his eyes. "MY BODY FEELS ALL WEIRD AGAIN!"

She leaned her head back and let herself laugh loudly - a worryless, pure, blissful laugh. Even thought they were between a rock and a hard place, her teammates' antics never failed to make her feel like everything would be alright.