{24} Gliding and Sleep Talking

Bible stands in a steel-barred cage. Wearing his soft, ripped jeans, his chest and feet are mouth wateringly naked, and he's staring at me. His private-joke smile etched on his beautiful face and his eyes a molten. In his hands he holds a bowl of strawberries. He ambles with athletic grace to the front of the cage, gazing intently at me. Holding up a plump ripe strawberry, he extends his hand through the bars.

"Eat," He says, his tongue caressing the front of his palate as he enunciates the't'.

I try and move toward him, but I'm tethered, held back by some unseen force around my wrist, holding me. Let me go.

"Come, eat," He says, smiling his delicious crooked smile.

I pull and pull...let me go! I want to scream and shout, but no sound emerges. I am mute. He stretches a little further, and the strawberry is at my lips.

"Eat, Build." His mouth forms my name, lingering sensually on each syllable.

I open my mouth and bite, the cage disappears, and my hands are free. I reach up to touch him, graze my fingers on his chest.

"Build."

No. I moan.

"Come on, baby."

No. I want to touch you.

"Wake up."

No. Please. My eyes flicker unwillingly open for a split second. I'm in bed and some­one is nuzzling my ear.

"Wake up, baby," He whispers, and the effect of his sweet voice spreads like warm melted caramel through my veins.

It's Bible. Jeez, it's still dark, and the images of him from my dream persist, disconcerting and tantalizing in my head.

"Oh...no," I groan. I want back at his chest, back to my dream. Why is he waking me? It's the middle of the night, or so it feels. Holy shit. Does he want sex - now?

"Time to get up, baby. I'm going to switch on the sidelight." His voice is quiet.

"No," I groan.

"I want to chase the dawn with you," He says, kissing my face, my eyelids, the tip of my nose, my mouth, and I open my eyes. The sidelight is on. "Good morning, beautiful," He murmurs.

I groan, and he smiles.

"You are not a morning person," He murmurs.

Through the haze of light, I squint and see Bible leaning over me, smiling. Amused. Amused at me. Dressed! In black.

"I thought you wanted sex," I grumble.

"Bui, I always want sex with you. It's heart-warming to know that you feel the same," He says dryly.

I gaze at him as my eyes adjust to the light, but he still looks amused...thank heavens.

"Of course I do, just not when it's so late."

"It's not late, it's early. Come on - up you go. We're going out. I'll take a rain check on the sex."

"I was having such a nice dream," I whine.

"Dream about what?" He asks patiently.

"You." I blush.

"What was I doing this time?"

"Trying to feed me strawberries."

His lips twitch with a trace of a smile.

"Dr. Flynn could have a field day with that. Up - get dressed. Don't bother to shower, we can do that later."