Disturbing Behavior

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah called out from the changing room.

"There's not," Klaus answered, rolling his eyes. He and Stefan were sitting on the lounge chairs in front of the changing rooms, drinking champagne and looking incredibly bored as they waited for Rebekah to upgrade her wardrobe to the twenty first century.

Rebekah walked out of the changing room, wearing a short, black dress. She skeptically looked down on herself and pulled on the fabric, trying to cover up more of her exposed thighs.

"So women in the twenty first century dress like prostitutes, then," she grumbled, not liking how short all the clothes were that the compelled staff had brought her so far. She could as well just walk around naked. "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus commented, before taking another sip of champagne.

A new song started playing through the speakers of the clothing store and Rebekah scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music," Stefan told her.

She gave him an incredulous look.

"People dance to this?"

Stefan nodded.

"Hmm."

"Are we done?" Klaus groaned. They had almost spend the entire morning in here. That should have been more than enough time for Rebekah to find some clothes to wear.

Rebekah shot him a dark look.

"And why are you so grumpy?"

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it," he complained.

"I didn't lose it," Rebekah corrected him sharply. "It's just been missing for ninety years."

She looked at Stefan and turned around in a circle.

"So what do you think?"

"I like it," he immediately replies, eyes fixed on his champagne glass. As he heard Rebekah scoffing he finally looked up to her. "What? I said I like it."

"You didn't even look," she pouted before glaring both at him and Klaus. "You two are terrible shopping partners. Looks like I have to find a new one."

She turned back around and vanished into the changing room.

Klaus grimaced at Stefan.

"Nice one. Good work."

Stefan scoffed.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her."

"I heard that," Rebekah called from the changing room.

Stefan sighed.

"All right. I'm going to get some fresh air."

He stood up and was about to leave, as he suddenly spotted a familiar brunette across the street from the window. She looked directly at him and gestured for him to come over. With one last hesitant look at the hybrid who was currently busy pouring himself another glass of champagne, Stefan took a deep breath before following his least favorite Petrova-Doppelgänger.

Elena and Damon were standing in the Gilbert's kitchen, cooking chili for the founders party at the Lockwood's later that day.

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck," Damon commented. "Everybody brings chili."