Chapter 6 | S1: Ice Cold

Sunoo's POV

Jungwon and I spent more time than I expected, as I noticed that we basically roamed through all the shelves. My notes were also full of details about each flower like Orchidaceae or Orchid, and Paeonia Lactiflora or Peony. I said goodbye to Jungwon, Eunchae, and Sakura as I gathered my belongings and headed out of the botany class to my second activity, Ice Skating.

I walked into the bustling skating area, filled with skaters gracefully gliding across the glistening ice. Then I spotted Sunghoon, the skilled ice skater ace, gracefully gliding across the ice, performing impressive jumps and spins. I can't help but watch in awe. He wasn't even wearing any skating gears, that alone says how professional he is at ice skating.

I then proceeded to the locker room and found the locker with my name on it, inside were the skating gears. But I had one problem...I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THEM ON. I thought the gears would be simple but they were different from the gears that I knew how to put on. I tried to work through it for minutes but no progress was made. Then I heard a voice come from a distance.

"Hey! You having some trouble?" Said a boy with a smile.

"O-Oh yeah, I'm not really fond of the gears they gave me" I told him.

"That's alright, let's get you geared up then"

The boy helped me dress me in protective gears. I also learned how to strap the skating shoes correctly.

"Thank you so much! I'm Kim Sunoo by the way, I'm a freshman here." I said as I bowed to thank him.

"I'm Choi Soobin, welcome to Gangnam College! Hope you're having a great time so far." He replied with a warm smile.

"I am! I'm having so much fun with the activities here. The students and teachers are also kind and approachable."

"Well that's good to hear, let's go to the rink before our teacher comes." Soobin was very kind as he even held my hand to not trip on the skating shoes.

I cautiously stepped onto the ice, wobbling a bit but I managed to find my balance. I noticed Sunghoon standing nearby, I watched him closely. I then started to glide my way onto the ice.

"Be careful Sunoo!" Soobin shouted, then I gave him an Ok sign.

My eyes were still at Sunghoon, and I tried my best to mimic Sunghoon's movements. I managed to pull off tiny moves, but some are just professional level difficult.

Then Mr. Jang In-yoo, a seasoned ice skating instructor, competed in many contests, featured on countless magazines and tv shows, arrived on the scene. He claps twice, gathering the attention of all students.

"A bright and lovely morning to you all, I'm Jang In-yoo, I will be your Ice Skating trainer for the two semesters. For now, I'll be assigning partners because in the third week of the first semester, you'll be having a performance with a partner" I was dumbfounded by Mr. Jang's words. I really couldn't believe that we're already going to perform in just two weeks.

"Are there any freshmen here?" Mr. Jang asked. I raised my hand, so did one other girl.

"Could you two please step in front here" We obeyed Mr. Jang and made our way to the front.

"Soobin, your partner will be Choi Ye-won. And Sunghoon, you're with Kim Sunoo. They're freshmen and you're already amateurs so guide them." Oh sweet! I'll get to know Sunghoon too!

"For the other students, you can find your own partners now, and after finding one, I'll let you all practice. I'll check on all of you later" Mr. Jang said