Chapter 35 | S1: Tears And Truths

Sunoo's POV

Leaving Jungwon's hospital room, I wiped away my tears, trying to compose myself before facing the boys. They looked concerned as I approached them, and Jay asked gently, "Hey, Sunoo, what happened in there? Are you okay?"

I forced a smile, not wanting to burden them with my emotions. "I'm fine," I said, my voice shaky. "I just got a little emotional, that's all hahaha." I said trying to laugh.

The boys exchanged worried glances, but they respected my response. As we walked to our bicycles, Jay and Jake bid their goodbyes and pedaled away, leaving Niki and me alone.

"S-Sunoo... do you want to... eat hot pot? I-I'll treat you." Niki offered to treat me to a hot pot restaurant, hoping it might cheer me up. I agreed, grateful for his kindness.

At the restaurant, Niki ordered a steaming hot pot, and we shared some delicious bungeoppang, he said it was his favoritr. As we ate, Niki asked me about what happened with Jungwon in the hospital. Hesitant at first, I eventually opened up and told him about Jungwon's confession.

"Jungwon... told me he has feelings for me," I told him, my voice barely above a whisper. "He said that he'll wait for my acceptance or rejection."

Niki listened attentively, his expression understanding and supportive. "That must have been tough for you," he said gently. "Jungwon... is a good guy, and I know he cares about you a lot. It's okay to feel overwhelmed by all of this."

Tears welled up in my eyes again, and Niki handed me a tissue. "Thank you," I said, my voice choked with emotion. "It's just so complicated, and I don't want to hurt anyone."

Niki placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "I know," he said softly. "But remember, you don't have to figure everything out right away. Take your time, and don't hesitate to lean on your friends for support."

As we finished our meal, Niki and I continued our ride. He noticed an ice cream stand nearby and suggested we get some. I nodded, and we both got ice cream. I chose mint chocolate, while Niki went with vanilla.

Savoring the sweetness of the ice cream, we talked a bit more, and I felt a sense of relief in confiding in Niki. As we neared my dorm, Niki offered to drive me home, but I insisted on taking the bicycle on his dorm so I'll ride on my way home.

When I finally got to my dorm, I lay down on my bed, feeling emotionally drained. I checked my phone and saw that I was tagged in a comment. Curious, I clicked on it and saw a post from Jungwon.

He had posted a photo of him, with him thanking me and the other boys for visiting him. Tears filled my eyes again, but this time they were tears of gratitude for having such a wonderful friend like Jungwon.

wonwon

1.2M likes
wonwon I broke an ankle😭😭

view all 775k comments

sarah_km OH MY GOD GET WELL SOON JUNGWON
wonwon btw thanks for visiting @sunnysun @hoon @seunghee @itsjay @jakeau @rishimura luv u all!
seunghee get well soon dude
irisluv oh nooo I'll pray for uu
ashanti WHAT HAPPENED??? R U OKKK?
kimberly Hope u get well soon T-T
sunnysun I'll visit you again tomorrow ;3
wonwon I'll look forward to that

Feeling a sense of peace, I fell asleep, knowing that no matter how complicated things might be, I had friends who cared about me deeply, and that was enough to give me strength to face whatever challenges lay ahead.