Chapter 39 | S1: Hornet's Nest

Sunoo's POV

I woke up, feeling the warmth of Sunghoon's chest still embracing me. I gently nudged him, "Sunghoon, it's time to wake up."

He mumbled, "Just five more minutes, Sunoo. I haven't slept this comfortably in days."

I smiled, and broke free of his grasp. "Alright, take your time. I'll prepare breakfast and our uniforms."

I decided to cook bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches and poured orange juice. Suddenly, I felt arms wrap around my waist, it was Sunghoon's. He leaned in, admiring the aroma of the breakfast being cooked. It felt so natural having him close like this.

I gave him the uniform I borrowed the day after Jay and I were trapped in the school. My uniforms wouldn't fit him because I'm to skinny and he's a bit buff.

We rode our bicycles to school, where Heeseung was waiting at the gate. Sunghoon and I walked towards him, but Sunghoon eventually excused himself to go to their classroom.

"Hey uhm... You free later? After school?" Heeseung then asked me.

"Oh uhm, I was actually planning to go to the market and buy some foods and fruits for Jungwon in the hospital." I said. I really miss Jungwon even if I just visited him last Sunday.

"Oh is that so? I'll come too. Then... Are you free after the visit?" Heeseung asked again.

"*chuckle* Yes, why do you need something?" Why is Heeseung asking me why I'm free?

"I was planning to treat you because I just found this new samgyeopsal restaurant and the reviews seemed good." He offered.

"Oh, okay! I'm down." I said as we reached my classroom. After archery class, he wad already waiting at the door. He put my bicycle in the trunk again and he drove to the hospital.

Jungwon was shook and immediately fixed his position as I door. "H-Hey, Sunoo, Heeseung," Jungwon greeted us softly.

"Hey, how are you feeling? Does the cast hurt?" I asked.

Jungwon replied, "I'm okay, the cast is actually very comfortable. It's nice to have visitors. Mom and Dad just came here earlier."

Heeseung chimed in, "Yeah uh, we also brought you these." He showed the foods and fruits we brought at the market. Heeseung really helped as he knew Jungwon's favorite snacks.

Heeseung leaned in, his eyes filled with genuine concern, "Don't hesitate to ask for anything, okay? Give us a call."

Jungwon smiled. "Thank you, Heeseung. It means a lot." We continued to chat for about an hour and a half.

After visiting Jungwon, we then went to the samgyeopsal restaurant Heeseung was talking about. It was a surprisingly crowded. He cooked the pork and beef as he let me eat.

"You look amazing today, you know that?" he said, flashing a charming smirk.

Blushing and almost choking on my food, I replied, "Thanks, why are you suddenlt complementing me? HAHAHA."

Heeseung playfully nudged me, "We'll you always look amazing, I just never have chances to complement you."

I chuckled nervously, not entirely sure how to respond to his flattery. "Well now, you can throw the complements at me." I said jokingly.

Heeseung winked, "Oh I will." And he did, I keep choking because of the unexpected complements. I smiled, appreciating his clingyness and the warmth of our friendship.

He dropped me off at my dorm, and as he left, I heard a familiar bicycle sound. I turned around to see Jake, looking down.

"Jake!!!" I rushed to him and greeted him, and he turned his head the opposite way and wiped his face then stopped. His eyes were sore, w-was he crying?

"H-Hey, why are you crying? You're even trying to hide it from me." I said as I was concerned.

"Hahaha who says I'm crying?" He chuckled.

"Yah, come inside let's have a talk, please?" I offered him my company. A serious problem could only make a happy boi like Jake cry.

After sitting on the couch, tears already welled up in Jake's eyes. "Jake, you know you can tell me everything. What you say will be safe in me." I assured him.

"Ah shit, well uhm... My uh family, and Hanni's family, my ex-girlfriend, they're arranging a relationship between us. And fuck I don't want to. The one that I love is... in our school..."

My heart sank for him. "I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be tough."

Tears welled up in Jake's eyes, "I don't want to leave school, but they're forcing me. I just can't fucking help but feel trapped."

I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "It's okay to feel that way. But maybe you should talk to them, tell them how you feel."

Jake wiped away a tear, "I tried, but they won't listen. They just see it as an excellent opportunity for the family."

I frowned, "I-I really wish there was something I could do to help."

Jake's tears fell freely now, "I'm going to miss this place and everyone in it, especially you hahaha."

I held him tight, knowing that he was going through a difficult time. I wished there was a way to ease his pain, but all I could offer was my friendship and support.

In that moment, I realized that we all had our struggles, and being there for each other was crucial. I promised Jake that I would be there for him, just as he had been there for me.

"Uhm how about we go let our problems drown tomorrow here again? Soju? Wine? Beer? What do you want?" I asked him, although I really don't drink, I'm willing to be there for him through his tough time.

"I can't we'll have a gathering. And you don't have to drin-"

"No Jake it's fine, I have my own problems too." I cut him off. "When are you free?"

"Uh... Saturday evening..." He said

"Okay, Saturday evening it is. Soju? Wine? Beer?" I asked again.

"Hahaha can you handle beer?" He chuckled as he wiped his tears away.

"Are you underestimating me Sir Sim?" I said jokingly, making him laugh. Jake then eventually left as he was sleepy.

As I lay in bed that night, I thought about the day's events, the comforting presence of Sunghoon, the fun nature of Heeseung, and the sadness in Jake's situation. It made me realize how interconnected our lives were, and how important it was to cherish and support those we cared about.

With a heart full of gratitude and determination, I closed my eyes and fell asleep, ready to face whatever challenges tomorrow would bring.