2. The Prophecy

Many years passed by as if they were seconds.

Valera and Aslan worked together to bring Narnia to life.

The young girl had accepted that her sisters were never coming for her.

That her oldest sister had defeated them, and that soon she would be on her way to find her.

However, for a while, all was peaceful.

There was no evil in Narnia.

The people who lived there knew of Valera.

They had stuck with the title of the Golden Witch for her.

Just as in Charn, they treated her as royalty, with the highest respect.

Valera was pure, innocent, and kind.

Narnians all cherished her and her contributions to their world.

Valera used her power in tune with nature to bring the sun, the flowers and the forest to life.

She resided in Irondale. It was a castle on one side of Narnia.

She spent her days there staring out at the ocean.

As she did so, she dreamt frequently of her sisters.

Of Lilith, Saida and even Jadis.

Whenever she would see a small orange or yellow leaf, she would think of Lilith's contagious smile.

Whenever she would see the glowing green grass, she would think of Saida's warm hugs.

Whenever she would see the water glistening as if it were ice, she would think of Jadis' gifts to her at Christmas.

But her memories of Jadis became warped after she accepted her sisters were not coming back.

She thought of her dark magic, the terror she inflicted on their people and their family.

She thought of Lilith and Saida being killed by the Deplorable Word.

Some days it was too much to bear, and the world of Narnia felt its effects.

Valera would scream and cry. Rain flooded the lands. Thunder sounded out in a deafening frequency. Lightening lit up the entire sky.

It took a while for her to cry herself to sleep, and only then would the storms cease, and the sun would shine once more.

Aslan had taken care of Valera, just as he had promised.

He watched over her, making sure she was growing in wise years despite not being able to grow in physical years.

It was something that totally confused the Narnians.

Some would be born and then grow old and die as she stayed the same fourteen-year-old girl the whole way through.

And Valera hated it.

No matter how much she practiced, her magic could not evolve with age.

It left her being unable to achieve her full potential and strength.

Considering the darkness of the magic, and Jadis' own strength, Aslan himself was unable to reverse the spell.

She would indeed stay fourteen until her sister passed.

Or until she passed.

And after 900 years, that day seemed to have arrived.

Jadis had attempted many times to enter Narnia, but there was a tree planted by a man named Diggory Kirke known as the Tree of Protection which kept her at bay.