26. The Coronation

The day had finally arrived.

Valera had kept herself busy during the last week to take her mind off things.

What that resulted in was winter being totally removed from Narnia, not a single icicle, not even a snowflake.

What remained was summer.

The sun shining, plants and flowers everywhere, the tress covered in green leaves and the ground in green grass.

Irondale was back to its original glory once Valera had covered it with such hints of the summer season.

The vines crawling up the walls, the indoors akin to a greenhouse.

She had even snuck over to Cair Paravel during the preparations to decorate it for the coronation.

There had been a point made by herself that she wasn't going to divert from her mission to grow white Magnolias in each of the flowerpots to go in search of Peter.

She knew she would see him soon.

And when she did, he would finally become High King.

Valera had woken that morning already smiling because of it.

Something she knew she would be doing a lot of that day.

She glanced over to the outfit that she had prepared the night prior lying outspread on a jade velvet sofa in the corner of her room.

As were the majority of her dresses, this one was white.

Something purely resulting from tradition, as Valera's personal favourite colour had always been blue.

There were two thin straps which rested over the shoulders, mesh puffed sleeves that hung down from her upper arm all the way to her wrist.

The upper part of the dress was corseted, covered in stitching of flowers the shades of pastel pink, purple, jade, and maple.

At her waist, flowing down to the floor, the dress cascades into a voluminous white skirt which would trail behind her, made of similar fabric to the sleeves, with an inner skirt as to ensure it wasn't see-through.

Along with white pumps with silk white ribbons to wrap up her calves, Valera's crown of small white flowers would be worn on her head of loose golden curls.

Valera got out of bed and instantly walked out into the rising sunlight.

"Good morning, mother", she whispered as the only sound hitting her ears was the splashing of waves below.

The sunlight reflected off the three rings on her finger, reminding her to also wish a good morning to both Lilith and Saida before reaching her hand out towards the vines placed on the outside wall next to her balcony.

They immediately wrapped around her wrist, lifting her from the ground and carrying her through the air to place her atop a tall tree.

Valera then did what she had done for the last week, reminding her of the ways Narnia used to be.

She ran along the treetops, branches catching her every step to ensure she didn't fall through.

Where she wound up was always the same place.

With a view of Cair Paravel just over the ocean.

The sun was lighting up the gold and white coloured exterior, as if beckoning the girl to head over there already.

As her hair blew behind her in the wind, Valera took in a deep breath.

Everything was about to change.