PART 13

Happy Reading!

"Mr. Mehra we hope this business deal will bring profit to both of our companies" Mr. Shekhawat said pulling out his hand for handshake.

"Sure Mr. Shekhawat. We look forward for this deal" Abhishek said with his businessman attitude.

Mehra and Shekhawats signed a billion-dollar deal. The whole project was escorted by Abhishek. He took note of all the necessary things that would give both the companies profit. He didn't leave any loophole.

Suket was very proud of his son. The way he took care of everything. He was the happiest person right now.

When Shekhawats left Suket went to Abhishek and kept a hand on his shoulder "I am so proud of you my Abhi. You proved your worth today"

"Anything to make you and everyone happy dad" Abhishek smiled. He was so happy hearing that his father is proud of him. Nothing feels better than hearing that your family is proud of you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhishek's POV:

Me and dad both sat on the sofa of my cabin. One worker bought us coffee.

"How is everything Abhi?" Dad asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"We are all set for the next project dad and the Ital...." I was cut off in between by Dad "I am not talking about business Abhi"

I was confused, what does he mean if not business. "Then what are you talking about dad?"

He let out a sigh. "I am asking about you and Arohi. How are things between you two?"

Things between me and Arohi? I am confused, actually perplexed as to why is dad asking me this question suddenly? I don't know what to reply about this question. Things between us are not the way they should be.

It's been a week since that elevator incident. That is the closest and last I have been with her. I haven't seen her all these days. I feel Arohi for some reasons is avoiding me these days. She leaves early and when she is at home she is always in her room. She even eats her food in her room only.

It's not that I want to see her, but the thing is what should I tell dad?

"Everything is good dad. Why are you asking this?" I replied with a confused look.

"Abhi I am your father. I don't say anything but I notice everything beta. I can see the differences between you two. I see how you behave when around everyone and around each other" he kept his cup on the table and looked at me "I know you were forced into this marriage but now you can't change the fact that she is your wife Abhi. You need to accept this relationship. You have to accept Arohi"

I let out a sigh and lean back to the sofa "Dad I am trying but it is difficult. I never wanted to marry, and Arohi.. She is just different. Too different. Plus she is too young dad. She is too young to be in between all these"

"Age is just a number son. She is mature enough to handle things. There is a reason we chose her for you. She knows family values. And she is mature that's why she is still with you"

"What do you mean dad" I asked raising my brows and smiled and said "Give this relationship a chance before everything falls apart, before it's too late for you to fix things" he patted my back and left the cabin.

How can things fall apart when they were never where they should be? How do I explain that me and Arohi are complicated. Way too complicated. I sighed face palming myself.