Rollercoaster - Sam's POV

CW: Discrimantory  and hateful speech

I watch as Iris walks to the stage completely tranfixed by her. Not being able to get my head away from the tingling sensation on my lips. The kiss replaying in my head as I descend deeper into my need for more of it. 

My eyes never leave her figure even if my mind becomes more of a jumbled mess with each passing second. I press my finger to my lower lip and softly caress it as I drift back into the sensation of lips softly pressing against mine, the smell of her comforting like an embrace and everything else falls away so easily. Her presence alone sending my heart into a frenzy while butterflies take flight in my stomach as they dance around with each other to the song she sings to me without uttering a single word.

 It's only when an unmistakable raspy tempting voice rings out that I am finally pulled back in to the present. The guitar softly chorus with the emotion pouring out from the brunette. Her eyes close instictively yet her face expresses every feeling coursing through her. Her eyes shine as she reopens them and let's them trail thorugh the crowd of people intently listening. Her gaze shifts as the lyrics cascade out finally settling on our table, our friends. I finally notice how much this song seems to mean to all of them. 

"Am I sheltered for not quite knowing all the emotions every seems so familiar with? How much harder did they have it than me? Is it selfish if I'm glad i can't fully understand?

Dark orbs reach me pulling me out of my drowning thoughts. I let the music flow through me instead of trying to swim against the current of sentiments flooding the bar. 

Her gaze drops to her guitar and I can see an almost imperceptible tremor to her hands. The goddess exhales heavily before diving into the next line in the song. Every person in this room seemingly understanding the pain in her voice as she fight her tears. There's so many tears skimming over faces. All different but all connected through the obstacles they survived in life. 

The whole room becomes one as their voices join in until the end. The full weight of the words spoken being more bearable through the shared experiences. Everyone cheers as some wipe away tears and others hold their loved ones close. 

"Thank you!" A slight bow follows those two simple words that somehow can hold so much meaning. 

"There's so much more to her... So much depth that I might not ever understand ... Can I even be worth her time if I can't even imagine what is just beneath the surface ... She always seems so calm and composed that it's hard to imagine her ever being any other way ... What hell did she go through to become who she is today?

I study the self defense instructor as she returns to us. Before I can make sense of it T's boyfriend steps away from the table and meets the woman with a heartfelt embrace. Little by little all our friends join the hug as I stand there watching frozen in place by my earlier thoughts. I can feel how important of a moment this is for everyone who causes me to get emotional in turn. There's so much warmth in this small moment that any remaining doubt melts away and slides down my face as I will myself to move forward. There's a shift in the air as everyone notices my approach. They uncoil from each other letting enough space for me to fit in. Their gesture not falling into empty space. This whole night has made me so thankful for everything I have in my life. With that in mind I rest in strong arms as the our bubble closes again around us. There's a cozy feeling resting on my chest, light but unwielding. 

I feel a light press of lips to my temple as the group breaks away from each other without navigating too far from the others. The sense of calmness and belonging guides us through the rest of the night. It's only when the exhaustion starts to worm itself in us that we start to fizzle out. By then most of the bar is empty. That's when I finally realise how late it has gotten and how sleepy I have gotten.