Books and stares - Sam's POV

(Warning: Cursing and undertones of violence)

That coffee shop became my sanctuary in the months to follow, whenever I had free time that's where you would find me. My friends teased me endlessly whenever I asked them to hang out there.
Sidney kept going to the classes, always gushing about whatever new information she got about the girl. Damn the image of her in her black sport's bra, and MMA shorts, a thin layer of sweat making her skin glow, it kept assaulting me all the time. She was way too distracting.
I think it's pretty obvious by now that I have a huge crush on this girl. "Ugh it's just that she's so unfairly cute and her smile, I only saw it once, but the image got burned into my memory, she has this adorable little dimple on the left side of her face that you can only see when she smiles". I can't seem to stop thinking about her.
My friends started to go to some of the classes she gives. I would get too distracted by her and would embarass myself, so I usually just watch them from one of the park benches. "This girl will be the death of me but I don't mind it one bit." I thought to myself with a half smile on my face.
A couple of months after I first saw her I was in a picnic double date with Robert, Lewis and my on again off again boyfriend, Kevin. Robert and Lewis were genuinely enjoying the picnic until halfway through they shared a look I had come to recognize really well, it was this half mischievous half amused spark between them, they always shared it whenever the brunette was close by. That thought immediately made me perk up, my eyes searched for the self defense instructor like she was the last drop of water in the universe and oh God was I thirsty. Yet I couldn't find her, I looked between the happy couple in front of me trying not to laugh at me. They both knew me way too well. Kevin was on the phone too busy messaging someone to even notice our exchange.
Robert smirked at me while Lewis nodded his head in my direction indicating she was behind me, he gave me a knowing smile and a wink. I turned away from them looking for the person I have been crushing so hard on. I wasn't ready for what I saw she was wearing a white tank top that exposed a small part of a tattoo on her chest, she had cut her hair short allowing me to see her strong jawline so much more clearly, the shirt she was wearing had the sleeves half up her arm letting me see half of her full sleeve tattoo, black jeans and combat boots completed her look. She looked drop dead gorgeous, walking with her hands on her pockets yet somehow mantaining a perfect posture, she was sporting a relaxed smile that made her eyes shine like two precious stones. I noticed when I followed her eyes she had two dogs with her, they were trying to steal a ball from each other. The one that had the ball was a black pitbull with a white spot on her chest while the other one had a lighter colored fur, they both ran in her direction seating by her feet waiting patiently. Both of them earned a pat on the head and she grabbed the ball out of the pitbull's mouth, throwing it once in the air while asking in a raspy voice "Are you ready?" "Holy shit I couldn't be more wrong when I thought she couldn't get any hotter." My thoughts went from that to imagining her saying my name and so much more.
She threw the ball hard making it fly across the park both dogs shooting after it. A minute or so later they appeared again stopping near our picnic peering at us curiously, the golden brownish one approached me calmly. I could now see the dark markings on his back similar to those of German Shepherd would have, he didn't have a tail but had the kindest eyes I've ever seen on any living being. I brought my hand up so he could smell me, his response was almost immediately positive. He allowed me to pet him which attracted the attention of the pitbull which came back running in our direction and wagging her tail wildly putting herself between me and Lewis basking in all the attention she was getting. I chuckled while the couple in front of me was giggling. I heard a sound similar to clicking, the pitbull instantly sprinting to her owner but the lighter one lingered behind. That's when I heard my crush calling out to him "Come on leave the pretty girl alone." The dog obeyed running to meet his human. Me on the other hand flushed red at her words my brain going into overdrive. "I swear with that voice, she could be insulting me and I would still be melting into a puddle!" I felt a nudge on my foot bringing me back to reality. Robert and Lewis looked worried glancing between me and Kevin. I looked at the blond guy his face contorted in a sneer, he seemed like he was about to get up making me panic a little. Not sure what I should do I touched his arm dropping my voice into a whisper. "Please she didn't mean anything by it." I tried to give him a reassuring smile but I was met with a look of disgust. He muttered under his breath I couldn't make it out but I was  sure it had been something that was offensive. He looked away from me clenching his jaw.
I sighed in relief. "Humm... I should get going. I have a family dinner at 7 and I still need to get ready." It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either, I didn't need that much time to get ready I just wanted to get away from Kevin he was an asshole when he got jealous. "We'll go too!" Robert rushed out cutting off any possible argument. "Yeah we can walk you back." Lewis said more calmly giving the blond a pointed stare dating him to challenge what he just said. Kevin  shrugged obviously pissed but knowing he wouldn't win this fight. "Whatever. I have to meet Janine anyway." He walked away without even a glance back.
A couple weeks passed after that until I saw her again. There was a party of one of my mom's friends house. I got there half an hour later then my mom because Kevin refused to let me go without him. I rolled my eyes in annoyance trying to cool down my temper. He was talking to some of his douchebag friends yet refused to let me go explore and mingle. I was looking around at the sea of faces, bored out of mind, when I saw her studying what looked like figurines. A room full of people and somehow she's the only that catches my eye. I lingered on her. "She looks great in anything she wears doesn't she? There's no make up in her face, yet she's undeniably the most beautiful person in this room." My thoughts kept spiralling around this girl and I didn't even know her name. That  leather jacket looks like it was made for her alone to wear. That's how good it looked on her. My brain flashed me images of her with only a sport's bra underneath it making me blush furiously.
I couldn't find the strength to look away  from the beauty in front of me, not that I wanted to, somehow she managed to always be way too far away for my liking. "I want to hear her voice again." I realized when I saw her answering something someone said to her but I was too far away to be able to hear her the noise of the conversations flowing around the room didn't help either.
After a few minutes she finally raised her eyes from what she had been doing. "Shit I was caught." I shrieked at myself in my head, looking away quickly, while bitting my lip to will myself not to blush. I kept glancing back at the brunette, having noticed she was still looking my way I shifted in place to try and get a better look at her without making my intentions obvious, her response was tilting her head to the side. "Oh fuck that was adorable." I swooned internally.
While this thoughts emerged in my head she looked back down deciding to put the figurine back. A wave of disappointement hit me when she started walking in the opposite direction I was standing at. My whole body screamed at me not to let her leave me behind. I was started moving without even realizing it but it only lasted for a heartbeat my hand was still captive in another and at the moment I couldn't care less. I pulled my hand away sharply hearing an angry "What the fuck?" as a response, moving quickly so I wouldn't loose her in the middle of the crowd she was like a magnet pulling me into her even when I stopped seeing her I knew where to go. I found her standing in front of a floor to ceiling bookshelf. My body froze in place I had followed her on impulse but now that I was here I didn't have any idea of what to do. "Shit what now? Should I just turn back?" As soon as the doubts formed in my head her head turned in my direction an amused smile lightning up her beautiful features. She raised an eyebrow making me feel weak in the knees. I smiled back trying not to blush from such a simple gesture.  Her gaze returned to the books her fingers brushing along the titles like she was traveling through their stories. I awkwardly stepped forward so I was standing by her side. She peeked at me with a curious spark dancing in her eyes. I shifted my attention away from her dark orbs and into her hand feeling like I would drown in the complexity behind them if I looked at them for a second too long. "Shit how do people form words with their mouths around attractive people? Except she's not just she's like a goddess." The mass inside my head so generously provided me with the counter argument yet I couldn't make my voice come out in any comprehensible noise. I  groaned at myself feeling frustrated. "She must think I'm a weirdo!" I could see the little shrug she gave going back to the elegant dance her fingers were having over the book spines like they were in their element. I took in her features my mind taking notes of every little detail. She caught me by surprise when she looked at me with slight tilt of her head, an eyebrow raised in a silent question that I couldn't even try to understand. In my state I could only give a barely audible squeak. "Hi." The astonished look on her face was hard to miss. Taking her time to examine my face for a few moments before giving a simple answer in return. "Hey." I shivered. "Her voice should be illegal outside of the bedroom preferably my own." Any capacity of thought left me when her eyes stayed on me. Some time passed before any of us moved. She nodded in the direction of the backyard making me move my head as an affirmative answer following after her for the second time today.
I watched as she took in every element in our new surroundings. I let my eyes take her in and notice she's wearing ripped jeans along with combat boots.
When her attention returned to me I turned so I was facing her as I was about to talk I felt myself being pulled in her direction and I stumbled into her arms loosing all capacity of forming coherent thoughts. I became all too aware of her arm around my back, my hands on her biceps. "Oh she's solid and so damn warm." My mind hazed over her vanilla and lavender smell boosting my imagination into creating multiple other scenarios of us being close, almost as if we have lived all those moments before. I heard a distant sorry in that delicious voice and it shook me to the core. I was feeling too warm completely conscious of how red I must look. I blinked twice reading myself of the fog. I looked down at the shorter girl while mumbling to myself. "Holy shit that felt way too nice!" The curious look made a comeback accompanied by a worried tone in her deep voice. "Are you okay?" Her warm breath caressed my neck making my go blank. "Oh fuck." I knew I couldn't trust my voice not to fail me so I simply nodded.
"Do you want a drink?" She tried again. "Do I look that thirsty?" I mentally slapped myself for feeling tempted to say it out loud. I settled for a simple short answer. "Sure." I was hoping that I wasn't projecting any of my thoughts in a visible way. "What would you like?" It was an innocent question yet it made my cheeks darken and a mumbled answer stumble out of my lips. "You." I took a deep shaky breath to gather myself and to give myself time to come up with a different response. When we reached the table I silently encouraged myself. "Okay you can do this." I searched the drinks displayed on the table. "A pineapple Fanta please." She scrunched up her nose. "Oh fuck that was adorable." My thoughts betrayed me once again. She turned around to hand the cup to me and I took it slowly letting my fingers linger on hers before pulling  away.  She frowned deep in thought before shaking her head  as if to dismiss  whatever was on her mind. She raised her eyes and our gazes locked. "She felt something too didn't she?" My hope sparked my mischievous side. She gave me another one of her searching looks. I smirked at her being awarded with a cute blush. "Fuck me that's the cutest thing I've ever seen." I dismissed that line of thought remembering to say the words I should have earlier. "Thanks." There was a lot of sincerity in that one word but there was also more hiding in it then she could understand. We just stood there bathing in each other's presence.
The tension between us was shattered by the last voice I wanted to hear at this moment. "There you are babe!" I could hear the undertone of jealousy in his voice and feel it too when he grabbed me with more force then necessary. I was annoyed at him for showing up when he did but I allowed him to pull me away. "Let's go!" He demanded pulling me away. "I don't want to leave her like that." I sighed in frustration. I threw caution to the wind  looking over my shoulder sending a  wink and a knowing smirk as I left her behind.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A.N.
Leave a vote and/or a comment to let me know if I should continue this story.
Thank you for reading