ONE

BEST READ IN DARK MODE

It was a humid and hot day, and Y/n struggled with it. Her teacher was lecturing the class and her head was pounding due to what she thought was heat stroke.

She placed a hand upon her jaw, resting her face in her arms. She never enjoyed the hot days, since she didn't have summer outfits.

Luckily, there was only five more minutes until her class ended. That meant she could quickly go home and sleep for a while. Her eyes stared at the clock intensely, waiting for it to hit three.

Once it did finally hit three, she had already bolted out the door, her bag swinging up and down against her back. She made her way down the sidewalk while staring into the steamy streets.

The girl was startled when she heard numerous voices talking and laughing from behind her, along with loud stomping.

"Oi look, its her." She heard someone whisper very loudly, causing her to turn her head to see a boy with a blonde mullet pointing straight at her.

The group of boys froze seeing her stare at them with a weird expression on her face, not these guys, she thought. She had known them from when she younger, and never spoke to them.

"Uhh.." The blonde haired boy stuttered, retracting his hand. She frowned at them before starting to walk again, speeding up her pace.

"Hey!" The boy shouted, causing her to stop in her tracks. She turned around, looking at him confused as he walked up to her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything." He said, smiling at the girl. "Im Felix." He said, extending his hand out to her. She glanced between his face and his hand.

"Okay." She awkwardly responded, shaking his small hand hesitantly. She was surprised that he decided to talk to her, especially when he apologised. But she already knew his name, and all the others.

Felix started at the girl who stood in front of him, "We'll see you around." His friend spoke up, quickly pulling the boy away, causing the girl to awkwardly wave her hand at him.

She watched as they walked off but soon they started running, she thought they were weird, and thank god she didn't have to speak to them any longer.

She carried on walking home, kicking her legs as she thought about the weird-ish interaction she just had with those boys.

The next day was cold, freezing cold actually. It had rained a lot the night before.

Y/n walked out of her with a fluffy jacket on, it was quite big on her body but it kept her warm. She trailed to school in the damp streets, enjoying the area around her.

She held her backpack straps as she walked to school, luckily she lived a few blocks away from it.

By the time she crossed the road, she could already see her school, hiding behind some houses. She let out a small sigh seeing it, school was definitely not the highlight of her day.

"What are you sighing about?" She heard someone ask, causing her to flinch and turn around.

She met eyes with the people from yesterday, but this time a different boy was talking to her.

"Cute jacket." He pointed out, looking at your fluffy outfit. He had brown hair and braces that were barely visible.

"Thanks." She replied, looking at anything else that she could. She felt awkward and embarrassed, till he spoke up again.

"Can we walk with you?" His friends nervously stood behind him while looking at you, it made you feel like you had to agree.

"Okay.." She nodded, starting to walk again. She hoped they followed along.

The group of boys had stayed in their spots, awkwardly staring at her before they started running to catch up with her. She could hear their loud footsteps, but didn't turn around, she just walked in silence with them.

"Im Seungmin, by the way." The brown-haired boy told you, you nodded at him while looking over. He was already staring at you, but when he met your eyes he quickly looked forward.

She nodded at his words, but didn't properly respond due to the fact that she was so nervous. "Nice to meet you, Seungmin." She nodded.

The seven boys watched their small interaction closely, they seemed to have a normal-ish conversation.

The girl seemed lifeless, she spoke monotone and her eyes seemed blank and bland, yet she was gorgeous.

She quickly departed as she saw the school, she quickly waved at them. "Bye." She spoke quietly as she walked as far away as she could.

"Wait! What do you have first period?" Seungmin quickly asked before she could leave. "Maths?" She responded.

"Oh, what a coincidence! Changbin and Hyunjin have maths as well." Seungmin winked at the boys, pushing them towards her.

"Maybe they can walk with you?" He asked, looking at her with pleading eyes.

Her blank, lifeless expression sort of changed, her eyes lit at his puppy eyes. "Okay." She nodded. The two boys smiled as they walked over to you and waved at their friends behind them.

The boys smiled at their friends before walking away with the girl. She didn't want to look back at them so she walked forward without worrying about them.

"So.." Changbin said, looking at the girl. "Who do you hangout with?" He asked.

She shrugged her shoulders as she walked into a hallway with them. "Sometimes with Wonyoung, or maybe Haewon." She told.

"Woah! You hang out with the Jang Wonyoung?" Hyunjin asked, walking through the school with her. She nodded, looking at them. "Why?"

They both looked at each other before looking back at her, "She's like— super popular, y'know?" Changbin said, opening a door that lead to their math class.

"Yea, and so is Haewon." Hyunjin mentioned in a shocked tone. "Who else do you hang out with?" He questioned, sitting in his chair.

The girl sat down in her chair that was coincidentally between of the both boys. "That's all." She said. "Only sometimes." She clarified while nodding her head.

The boys seemed completely surprised about her being friends with Wonyoung and Haewon, although she barely hung out with them. "Woah.."

....................................................................................