FIVE

School had started again and Y/n trailed to school in the snow, her feet hurt from the distance since she was staying at her dads house for the week.

She had her earphones in, a calming song played as she walked through the snow. The snow crinkled under her feet.

The girl could hear a few footsteps behind her, also scuffling in the snow. She could tell by the snow crunching underneath whoever's feet. She turned around and met eyes with many more.

She silently sighed when she saw eight boys walking her way, waving and smiling at her. She raised her hand and gave a small wave back to them.

"Good morning." Felix smiled softly while waving at her. She nodded her head at him. "Morning." She responded while still walking, she took out her airpods so she didn't seem rude.

She walked between all eight boys, they all spoke loudly as she tried blocking out the conversations. They were having really weird conversations. She picked up a few words, not enough to piece together though.

Her eyes moved slightly so she could sneak a glance at Bangchan, he laughed while talking to the other boys. She felt awkward in between them, she let out an airy breath.

The wind blew into her face, but she didn't realise because she saw the school. She looked back at them and bowed her head. "Bye." She said before walking off.

They all watched as she scurried off into the school, before giving each other glances.

"I have never seen anyone that excited for school." Changbin piped up as she continued to walk at his own pace. Hyunjin his shoulders, "I don't think she was excited."

"Who knows? Maybe she saw a hot guy?" Felix suggested while raising a hand. Minho shook his head while looking over at his friends. "She clearly doesn't like us, we should just leave her alone." He stated.

Jisung looked at his friend with his brows furrowed. "You said that you didn't wanna give up on her yesterday." He mentioned while speaking in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Shut up, bro." Minho glared before rolling his eyes and walking off as well. "I got science first, bye." He said while storming off.

Everyone synchronously turned to Jisung, glaring at him as if he had committed a crime. "Hey! I wasn't lying." He said defensively while rolling his eyes as well.

"Alright, just try laying off." Bangchan said while waving everyone away, which they listened to, they all nodded before walking off.

Y/n sat in her science class, scrolling on her phone. There were loads of students in her class, messing around while the teacher wasn't there.

She overheard a few girls talking, saying things about how they just got broken up with. She honestly felt really bad, but she tried to ignore the situation anyway,

A few minutes later she was scrolling through people's stories on instagram when she paused on a very recent one.

She read the very prominent words, 'bf applications' and she scoffed, audibly scoffed. She glanced up at the girl who had been wailing before, and then looked back down.

She clicked off her phone when the teacher had arrived, sliding it down into her back pocket. Luckily nobody knew her properly, neither did the teacher, so she wasn't always acknowledged in class.

Her teacher began talking about chemistry, thoroughly explaining each point of the subject so everyone knew exactly what they were doing.

A tiny sigh left her mouth as she diverted her gaze from the lecture, her eyes meeting another pair that was just barely across from her.

Minho leaned his palm against his jaw as she watched the girl from across the room, his gaze was super endearing and he had a small smile on his face. His eyes widened before they fluttered away quickly.

The small interaction made Y/n's heart feel fuzzy, she immediately looked away and back at the teacher awkwardly. Her brows raised as gave a small head tilt.

Minho noticed and he silently groaned to himself as he started to feel embarrassed. He looked down, feeling defeated about the fact that she caught him staring. He began to fiddle with his pencil, she never usually caught him.

When noticed that she wasn't gonna look over, he looked back up at her and sighed. He leaned against his palm again as he continued to shamelessly stare at her.

He felt himself get hot inside, he tilted his head with another small sigh as he began to study each little feature about the girl.

Her hair that was perfectly cut, it sat near her shoulders. He liked the way it was so effortless. Her lips that seemed so full, they were beautifully shaped. Pink and plump. Her bored expression as well. He liked everything.

Y/n on the other hand, didn't really look close enough at his face. At least.. whenever she did look at his face, because it wasn't that common for her to even look his way.

She tried to forget the moment that just happened, but how could she? He was just watching her a minute ago. She cleared her throat and pushed the thought out of her mind.

Minho continued to stare over at her, his lips curling into a soft grin. He actually stared at her until it was the next lesson and everyone started packing up.

Y/n grabbed her pencil case and put it back into her bag as she prepared to leave the classroom. She slung her bag over her shoulder and tried to leave immediately.

Everyone had already left, and when she tried to get outside of the classroom, someone placed their hand onto her shoulder.

She tilted her head back to see Minho smiling at her, his eyes squinting as he did so. "Sorry for staring you." He chuckled as he nodded his head. "Can I walk with you?" He questioned.

"Oh.. sure." She nodded her head while looking up at him, she then nervously turned to look in front of her and she started walking down the hallway.

Minho remained silent, but he still walked near her. She could feel his hand brushing against his hand each time they took a step. Her hand would subconsciously swing and sweep past his knuckles.

"So, I heard that you were gonna join the school band or something like that?" His words were followed by a polite chuckle, he tried playing it off as if he didn't really care.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe, I'll just see what it's like before fully joining." Her words made him quiet, not in a bad way, in a 'I don't know how to respond to that' type of way.

He nodded his head at her words and smiled. "It would be fun." He replied nonchalantly while putting his hands in his pockets.

"I'll try it out then." She nodded while looking up at him. They continued walking, but they would both glance at each other once in a while.

Seeing how you two were acting, Minho plucked up enough courage to ask you to sit next to him in the next class, but his loud friends came running over to him.

Y/n saw them rushing over, so she bowed her head at him. "Bye, Minho." She muttered while waving at him, she then walked down the hallway and turned a corner.

He stood there with a frustrated expression as his friends ran over and started talking to him, he threw on a smile as he nodded his head and looked at them all.

In a weird way, he wanted to spend more time with Y/n than his friends. Of course he loved his friends a lot, but something was pulling him in and he couldn't help but feel for her.

....................................................................................