CHAPTER:- 9

Warnings:-

EXPLICIT LANGUAGE.

GUN VIOLANCE.

Darlina's pov:-

Six days have passed since James has gone to Italy but his voice saying those words is still reverberating at the back of my head. No matter how hard I try to get it out, but, I still hear those caring and challenging words from him.

It's true that we have known each other from the longest of times, we have trained together , we lived together and have helped each other in reaching where we stand today and there is no one who knows me much better than him. My past, my mistakes, my decisions, my regrets , my failures; from what I have achieved to what I have lost. He knows every single detail about me. But I just hate it when he tries to dig inside my heart and fumble and plough it and try to manipulate my life.

Some secrets should be kept dead because once they are alive they twist and turn the weakest bone in your body making you so fragile, that you would be bowing in front of everyone , you would be begging everyone you shouldn't. That is the time when you start losing your self control on things which are caged inside of you, tied with the strongest iron chains in the world.

And I don't want any of this to happen to me. I can't see myself being in the same turmoil again and losing all of those things which took my blood and tears.

I am right now driving back home. Besides, my left hand is still not good enough to handle the steering. Praising myself, I am a very good one- hand driver.

The sweet earthy fragrance of soil mixed into my oxygen provokes me to put aside every thought and just enjoy this pitter patter of rain in the pitch black night.

Fall is on its way as the leaves have started to shed from trees and there is a very fine wave of cold breezes in the forest air. The chirp of crickets, cicadas ,grasshoppers, and a very melodious music rhythm were swimming in my ears.

Midnights, Car, Moon and Rain.

I don't want nothing.

The clean and crisp taste of vodka brought my lazy mind back to life. The tingling sensation on the tongue was something to die for, in this stormy black night.

After driving back home, I was enjoying my alcohol on my balcony. When the knob of my room door twists and someone steps in.

"I checked the weather forecast , It's gonna be a stormy night." He says while again twisting the knob.

"Coming into a women's room without even knocking, you have killed the importance of privacy." I paused. " Dear big brother." I said turning towards him.

"It's two in the night ,you shouldn't be drinking at this hour,Darlina." 

"What brings you here at this hour?"

" I was here to check if you...."

" If I am having a tight sleep or whether I am hiding in the corner of this room, shivering with fear of the thunderstorms outside." I finished his words before he could.

" When will you understand , Will. Things are nothing like before , time has changed so many things and I am the first one on that list. Look at me, do you think I am any like before?"

"You are my sister Darlina and I care for you so much. Probably things aren't like before, but I still love you and care for you the same as years before." Those eyes they don't fool me anymore.

"Leave." I said fire was spitting out of my mouth.

"Listen to me ,atleast." he almost begged.

"You are nothing than a mere fucking coward, Will." I yelled while throwing the glass of wine in front of him.