CHAPTER:- 10

Darlina's pov:-

The scorching rays of the sun penetrates through the window, throwing me out of my deep slumber. Taking a nice warm shower and packing my clothes and essentials. I was ready to get to the airport . Zack was coming to drop me because I was in no mood for driving. I remember drinking very late last night and I have a skull-splitting headache right now.

My jet was ready to take off any moment. And as soon as the clouds surrounded us, I was again under the sheets of my cosy suite,trying to kill the stubborn headache.

The boot shaped piece of land with numerous skyscrapers was now the most astonishing thing for my eyes to compliment,while enjoying the last bite of my scrambled eggs with an espresso.

 As soon as I landed, carlisle's guards were already there to pick me up to his secret penthouse in the middle of town. His place is one of the most luxurious, affluent and expensive building in the city.

The slick alleyway which leads to the basement here was tightly packed with guards and cameras and two of his men were walking by my side. They put their palm on the scanner and the thick iron gate opens up into a wide circular room, well it was much larger than what the word 'room' could fit.

Carlisle, who is also James's father, is the mob-boss of the underworld. And just few months ago he was also appointed as one of the three chief of the mafia organisation bringing him enormous power and money.

Vicious grey eyes, stubble face, meat loathed cheekbones with fine lines and wrinkles spread all over his loosed face. He is just as handsome as a man should be. No doubt James is the perfect carbon-copy of his father.

"What was so turning about the x-sign that you couldn't talk over a call about it, Carlisle?" Despite the fact that he is now the chief , is older in age, and the man who holds power, we have always called him by his name.

I blurted out just as my eyes met those vicious orbs.

"The British mafia!!" James's snaps standing next to Carlisle's chair.

"Didn't we had a deal with him,not to ever interfere in out business again!!" my brows arched in question.

"The x-sign tattooed gangsters , they are actually the guards from his secret organisation named the under-dogs. They are not like any other bodyguards that we carry around. They have no human emotions in them nor they have any family. They are just cold ruthless and their only purpose is to finish the job they are hired for. You can't lol them with money or power. You could melt iron but can't get a word out of their mouth. They are just like robots in a human body. I have also heard that Aiden Volkov has also started to sell them out at a very high price. They could cost you an arm and a leg. They are very strong and almost undefeated. Say it your fate or luck,had you been killed till now." Am I even  a bit fazed by james's words? Not a bit.

"Could it be, he is trying to take revenge of the past drama that we had ?" i spitted.

"Possible, there's is no doubt in that. But what if there is a third wheel who hired the under-dogs to take his revenge on you. It's not like you sit quiet always!!" carlisle snaps with his cold voice.

"It could be but what if he is taking his past revenge, though we had a peace treaty."

"Darlina is right dad, even if her killer hired the under-dogs. Why would Aiden sell them when he knows they are for killing her!! He won't be a fool to give his precious gems, he is been nurturing from the time they were infants without even investigating for what purpose they are going to be used for? Don't you think?" James's points with a deep frown looking over at carlisle.