31 |A Change of Attire|

No pensive words were spoken after than confrontation, both Apostles immersed in their respective thoughts and expectations.

They'd quickly gotten out of the alley, with Grey leading the way as he took her to a more silent area within the neighbourhood of Merchant's Road, both scolding their features and emptions to a halt. The chaos of Market Day slowly diminishing as private roads with lesser, yet bigger houses started to come into view. They'd entered the residential area of the neighbourhood.

Grey nudge her to turn right, slipping into a small road with few houses and even few entrances at the sides.

They stepped in front of the last house, a welcoming wooden door adorned with refined edges manually carved and decorated with white and silver, a pleasing sight for her eyes.

"What's this?" Rosalynde asked, scolding her features into a pulled smile.

"Welcome to my humble adobe." He took out of his coat a set of copper keys, and selecting what seemed to be the biggest one, he entered the copper inside the keyhole before twisting it three times.

The refined wooden door cracked open.

"You actually own a house?" Rosalynde couldn't refrain her curiosity. She never imagined someone like Grey were to actually buy a house- meaning spending money for something that he personally didn't need.

"Where did you think I lived? Under a bridge?" He replied, a curious gaze replacing his previous glee.

She shook her head. "I didn't mean that. I would have never thought that you of all people would buy something like a house."

He took as if she'd grown a second or a third head. "Why wouldn't I buy a home for myself?"

"You simply didn't strike me as someone who would willingly spend money to buy something as a house, sir," she mentioned the time when she'd first stepped into the Bank of Lun- after Madame Hellenia had first escaped from under her. The day she'd first learned about the existence of Verity, of their posing threat to the Des Reslows- to Pharah herself.

She'd made it her goal to eliminate all posing threats to the future bearer of the crown. And she wouldn't have stopped until every member would have been buried in the feeble soil, or chained at the bottom of the rover, waiting for their corpse to get devoured by the fauna thriving in the deep waters.

Not even the gates of Hell were going to hinder her- not when she dreamed of the head of Verity resting on her lap. She thought if to give it to Pharah as souvenir, telling her to display it in the audience chambers.

But after further reasoning, maybe it would have better just have the head picked, and placed somewhere where Rosalynde could admire undisputed.

The mere thought of that was enough to have her smile grow wide.

"Care enter? Or will you scream at me for leaving a lady outside in the cold?" He asked from inside the house.

Rosalynde merely scoffed in reply, and with long strides entered his house, cleaning her shoes on the rug to make sure to bring no snow in the house.

"Two things: shoes off and weapons beside the door. I can't risk you going for my head over my mahogany planks, they costed quite a little you know?"

She gave him a long, exasperated look, but the other didn't seemed to care. A small hint betraying her obvious displeasure.

"All the weapons, Silver."

He seemed to read her mind when she took out two pocket guns, leaving them on the rug beside her shoes.