35| Miss me?|

The orphanage was nothing but a bundle of lights when Nathaniel turned around, watching their surroundings as he led her away from the Barracks, passing through the secondary alleys of the High Strands before Reslow Plaza came into view.

Nathaniel nudged her with his shoulder, quietly telling her to move forward.

There wasn't much to see at night, the lamppost barely fending off the growing fog as the central column of the plaza acted like a beacon in the night, with many contained fires burning on all sides of the dark marble.

She rarely had business here, the only mandatory time was when the annual parade of the Des Reslows came around the last week of spring. The place was bothersome to keep track on. Too many exits one would use as escape routes. Too many entrance pints to keep guards on.

She had neither the time nor the desire to deploy that many guards for special occasions.

"What are we doing here?" she asked, taking in the shadows of those who still wandered around at such late hour.

"Oh. I have no idea. All I needed to do was bring you here." He threw his hands in his pockets before shivering, cheeks red for the daunting cold.

She turned to look at him, raising a brow as he bowed down, tilting his hat in sign of goodbye.

"Where are you going?" But he was gone, the fog around him aiding his escape.

She did not have the time to turn around before she felt a pair of hands sneak from behind her, covering her view as her back was brought close to a solid chest.

"Missed me?" Grey's smooth voice crept into her mind as a sweet and alluring lullaby.

She brought her hands over his own, squeezing them tightly before slipping from his grasp. She could barely see his face as she took a good look at him. It was the first time they'd met since that day, and for some strange it seemed as if she hadn't seen him for an eternity.

He looked the same: with those piercing eyes and impeccable looks.

"Not at all."

A shiver ran down her spine as he bowed, taking her hand in his before planting a gentle kiss on the palm of her hand. She had half a mind to remove her hand before he tightened his hold, laughing her words off as he straightened his spine.

"You lie."

She gave him a look full of disdain, her smile widening before passing into action. Taking her gun with her free hand she went to his side, smashing the hilt of the iron against his ribs before twisting his wrist.

He rotated his shoulders to recuperate from her attack before going for her knees, shoving his foot against her knee.

"Hello to you too, Silver." He let her go before dusting off his jacket. "Happy to see your greeting methods haven't changed since the last time we met."

Rosalynde groaned, soothing the annoyance by massaging her forehead with her thumb.

"What is it that made you summon me after the hour of the devil?" midnight had passed many hours ago, and in a few hours dawn would have erased the darkness of the night.

He seemed to sober up, cracking his head before his playful smile died on his lips. Grey looked around them before offering his arm. She obliged, and together ventured away from the darkness of the plaza.

before offering his arm. She obliged, and together ventured away from the darkness of the plaza.

"I have a lead."

"And you just had to summon me at this hour."

"I wanted to see you, but not only because of that. My informant passed me what they believe is one of the main production site of the drug."