- three

"What are you doing?" Felicity gasps as her two friends yank the uniform out of her hands.

"Relax Liss, we're just gonna make some alterations," Penelope reassured her, grabbing a pair of scissors out of her carry on bag.

"Why in the world would you use those," Veda pries, using her wand to alter Felicity's blouse.

"Because it's so much more therapeutic this way," Penny grins before cutting a chunk out of her best friends skirt.

It wasn't unusual for Ravenclaws to tailor their uniforms— a common distaste for uniformity pushing them to make belts from their ties and skirts in all different cuts and styles.

Felicity had never felt the need. She supposes that maybe it was because she had Oliver and figured she was fine, something about boyfriend air making you try a little less.

But now she doesn't have Oliver. She has two friends wreaking havoc on her school issued uniform while she sits in the compartment shirtless, having been mid-change when they snatched her clothes.

'Thank goodness for curtains' she thinks.

"We have arrived. Please gather your sweets and pets, and head out towards the carriages. First years make your way to the boats. Your trunks will be taken up to your room tonight."

Felicity tries to remain calm even as she hears people start clambering out of the train.

"Can I have my clothes back?"

"I guess."

The three Ravenclaws are the last people to exit the train, and Penelope is still buttoning her blouse as they climb into one of the carriages.

"So— how are you feeling?" She prompts.

"Uh," Felicity looks down at her uniform. They hadn't gone too crazy, just made it a little more snug on her body and took an inch off of the skirt. "Honestly not that different. I think I should have gotten a smaller size anyway."

Veda smiles, "if you want a little more drama just let me know."

She was sporting her own creation— one that looked nothing like the Hogwarts uniform and yet still had every required piece.

Her tie had been fashioned into a headband, her skirt was now a pair of shorts, and her blouse was covered in assorted pins of wizard jokes and magical creatures.

"Sure thing V."

The carriages rolled to a stop in front of the castle, and Penelope got out first. Felicity looked away as her friend climbed out, courtesy of Penelope's tailored skirt that was about three inches shorter than it came.

"Careful, you almost flashed us," Veda says with a straight face as she climbs out behind her other two friends.

"Eh," Penelope shrugs, indifferent to her friends gazes. "I change in front of you in our room all the time."

Suddenly there's a coughing sound from next to them, and they look over to see Percy Weasley apparently choking on air. He gives Penny a quick wave before turning away, still coughing.

The girls fall into a fit of laughter immediately.

"I think you just killed Percy," Felicity laughs.

"Imagine what would happen- actually never mind."

"Penny you can't nevermind us we're your best friends!"

By this time the girls have reached the great hall, and their blonde friend runs over to the Hufflepuff table with a mumbled excuse of "prefect duties".

"Do you think-" Veda starts but quickly stops.

Felicity looks at the girl, knowing they're thinking the same thing.

"No, right?"

They watch Penny venture over to the Gryffindor table next and sit down by their prefects— Percy seems to have finally stopped coughing but he still looks a little nervous when she joins them.

"Oh, maybe."

The two girls stare at each other, confusion written all over their faces as they try to decipher the blonde's actions.

Professor Flitwick interrupts their staring contest, having made his way down the table greeting his house students and finally arrived at the two sixth years.

"Hello ladies!" He greets, "how were your summers."

"Horrible," they respond in unison.

"Oh," he looks taken aback by their response, and looks back and forth between the two for a moment before responding. "Well hopefully the school year will be better! Let me know if you need anything, and I suggest you go grab your friend. The sorting is going to start soon."

He continues his way down the long table of Ravenclaws, stepping over the empty golden plates as the girls sigh and make their way over to the Gryffindor table.

"Penny, Flitwick said the sorting is gonna start soon."

She looks up from where she was whispering conspiratorially in Percy's ear, giving them a raised eyebrow as if to say 'I'm not done'.

Veda squeezes between the two prefects, taking a seat on Penelope's lap.

"Don't let us stop you then, what's the news?"

Penny groans, bouncing her legs aggressively to throw Veda off.

"Hey Perce, guess what?"

Felicity freezes.

She should have known this would happen. After all, she was at HIS house table, next to HIS best friend and roommate.

Oliver stops midstride when he sees his now ex girlfriend, and everyone in a ten foot radius goes silent.

Felicity knew she should say something, but no thoughts came to her head (other than 'I miss you' and 'I thought you loved me' which absolutely did not make the cut.)

"What?" Percy inquired, his voice monotone as he urged his friend to continue.

Oliver looks away from the redhead he'd spent the last two years of his life with, physically shaking his head to try and refocus on what he was going to say.

"Uh, I heard that Snape replaced all of his ingredient bottles with bewitched glass instead of the breakable stuff you hate."

Felicity feels the familiar warm feeling she got in her chest whenever Oliver did something cute. To anyone else it would seem like a horrible conversation starter, but Oliver always remembered the small things about people, and this was probably the greatest news he could give Percy.

"Really? Finally! I've been telling them for years they needed to do something about that— last year a whole bottle of crushed mandrake fell into my cauldron because of how bad the bottle was," he shakes his head, grumbling about how Snape gave him a lower grade even though it wasn't his fault.

By now Veda and Penny have withdrawn themselves from the Gryffindor table and are standing next to Felicity.

"If we run now they might not notice we're gone." Penny whispers into her ear.

Felicity laughs, but says nothing as she wipes her hands on her newly shortened skirt. She tugs at the material before plastering a smile on her face.

"Well we better get going before we get trampled by first years. It was nice seeing you guys."

With that she grabs her best friends hands and marches back to their house table, hoping she sounded as confident as she had in her head.