- five

The "party" that Penelope had in mind was actually just hanging out in their dorm room together like they always did, except this time she'd decorated with a huge banner that said "Oliver Wood Sucks."

"You know, I've read that book your sister got you," Veda told the redhead as she took a sip of her juice (although from a wine glass instead of a regular cup, it was a party after all).

"That book is stupid and I want to copy it illegally onto parchment so that author never makes another cent from royalties."

Penelope stifles a laugh at her friends outrage, but asks anyway "why do you have such a problem with it?"

"Because being this heartbroken is a very vulnerable thing and having someone, especially another woman, capitalize on that to make money is selfish and messed up!"

There's a finite mood drop when the words heartbroken and vulnerable are spoken, but Veda plunges on.

"Look, chapter one; it's called the vulnerability of being heartbroken."

"What?" Felicity snatches the book from her friend's hands.

Sure enough, there it is in big bold lettering. She flips to the table of contents, skimming down chapter names.

Chapter two: That Feeling is Called Sadness
Chapter three: Processing the End
Chapter four: Are You Done Crying Yet?
Chapter five: You Are Hot.

Felicity cringed; "I bet that's the one that screamed at me in front of Fred and George."

"Fred and George?? When were you talking to Fred and George?" Penelope asks, suddenly very interested.

"When me and Lily went to Diagon Ally before the start of term. I was sitting at the ice cream shop while she bought a book and they sat down across from me." She was going to leave it at that, but her friends expecting faces started back at her, waiting. "They were asking me if I could get Ol- Oliver to push back practice."

There was a silence in the room.

It was the first time Felicity had spoke his name without bursting into tears, and no one knew whether to point it out or not.

"You know, you could always date one of them, I bet that would tick him off." Penelope suggest helpfully, jumping to continue the conversation as if Felicity could lose her resolve and start blubbering at any moment.

(She could)

"Absolutely not. I'm mad he dumped me because I'm still in love with him. I'd never intentionally cause him pain."

"He dumped you OVER AN OWL, Liss. I think he deserves some pain."

Veda finally rejoins the conversation, "she doesn't have to get in a messy dating scandal to get revenge. I'll just aim at the hoops a little harder when we play Gryffindor, if you know what I mean."

Veda was of course referring to the game of quidditch, in which she poured all of her emotions into her position as a beater.

"Guys I don't want to cause him pain, I just want to be happy again."

Her two friends briefly looked at one another before turning back to her.

"Fine." They said together.

"I think the first thing to make you happy would be a good nights rest!!" Veda cheered.

Their brief moment of agreement was now over, and Penelope side eyed the tanned girl.

"You're joking right?"

"Nope! Eight hours is good, but nine or ten is even better if you want to be awake for our History of Magic double tomorrow!"