- six

There were a lot more people in the common room than Felicity had expected, and quite a few turned to glance at who had entered, although most people paid her no attention as everyone except the first years were used to the Ravenclaw entering and exiting their common room.

"How?" Felicity heard a small first year whisper to her friend, and the red head paused as she passed the two.

"Friendship with people in other houses are just as important as friendships in your own," she encouraged. "If you make a Ravenclaw friend I'll make sure to let you in the common room to hang out, okay?"

The small girls looked at each other before turning back to the older student, small smiles on their faces. They didn't say anything else, but the excited head nods they gave her before she left had Felicity already feeling better.

"Hey," she strolled up to another red head she recognized.

Ron Weasley was sitting in one of the overstuffed chairs by the fireplace with his two friends Harry and Hermione.

Ron's head whipped around at the greeting.

"Uh, me?" He asked quickly, pointing to himself and swiveling his head around as if to see who else Felicity had been talking to.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked, figuring a little small talk would be good before interrogating them on her sisters whereabouts — Felicity had also not spoken to many people since her arrival back on the Hogwarts express, and something about the familiar cozy common room had her finally enjoying interaction with other people again.

"Uh," Felicity swears Hermione stifles a laugh behind him. "We're making star charts for divination."

"Really?" She questions, a bit of excitement in her voice. Felicity had always loved Astronomy. "Can I see?"

"Yeah of course," Ron agreed immediately, fumbling with his paper as he hands it to her.

Her smiles quickly turns to a hint of confusion, and she looks at the other paper on the table to compare.

"Neither if you guys have put Mars in the right spot," she laughs gently.

Harry snatches his paper off the desk and looks at it with squinted eyes, then turns it upside down as if that would fix it.

She puts Ron's chart back on the table, where Harry's joins it shortly after.

"Can I borrow this?" She asks, gesturing to Ron's quill.

He makes an openhanded gesture as if to say 'help yourself' and she picks it up, quickly correcting a few things on their papers.

"You need to remember that Mars is always going to be the one on the outermost ring, as it's the closest to the sun. No matter it's position on your date of birth, it'll still be on its same orbit."

The boys watch her intently, only a little bit embarrassed with their blatant misunderstanding.

"Wow Ron you've got the Sun in your eight house, that's pretty cool! It usually has to do with transformation and signs of leadership... not sure how real it is, but it's a nice thought!"

She pretends not to notice the younger boys red ears, and she puts the quill down after only a few strokes on each of their parchment, trying not to overstep.

"Sorry if I went a little overboard there," she laughs softly, "I really like Astronomy. If you ever need help, feel free to ask!"

Felicity receives her third and fourth excited head nod of the night before turning to Hermione.

"How are your classes, Hermione?"

"Oh they're wonderful, really! A bit of a full schedule but I'm really enjoying them!"

"Except for Divination," Ron mutters, and Hermione looks sheepish.

"Has she predicted your death yet?" Felicity smiles knowingly, and Hermione grins.

"No she usually saves that for Harry."

"Although with Black on the loose-"

Harry's look cuts off Ron's words, and sensing a change in the air, Felicity finally gets to her original point.

"Have you guys seen my sister around here anywhere?"

"She went up to our room after quidditch practice, she seemed really tired."

Felicity frowns, both at the thought of her exhausted sister and at the reason why.

"Alright, thanks for the help! Mind if I go see her?" She addresses this at Hermione, knowing the girls share a dormitory.

"Not at all. I don't think the other girls are up there yet so you should get some privacy."

"Perfect! Thank you Hermione!"

And with that the older girl turns on her heel and makes her way to the staircase on the side wall.

She knocks on the door once reaching it, both to let her know she's there and to see if Lily is even awake.

"Come in," calls her sisters voice, and Felicity enters.

"Oh! Hey Lissy!" Lily seems suprised to see her sister, and maybe a little nervous, but she's smiling nonetheless.

"Hey, how are you? Was practice rough?"

Lily slumps back on her bed, which she had sat up in when her sister entered.

"Who told you?"

Felicity makes her way over and sits on the edge of her sisters bed.

"Hermione said you seem tired when I asked if she'd seen you."

Lily groans.

"That bad?"

"Oh Liss it was horrible." She sounds almost on the verge of tears, and Felicity strokes her sisters back slowly. "We have practice twice a day now. I have to get up two hours before breakfast and then if we're lucky we can practice again right after classes, but if another team is out there we have to wait until they're done. Stupid Slytherin took until 7 last night so we couldn't even start until it was dark, and I had so much homework to do after I barely slept."

"Every day?" Felicity asks shocked. "That's way too much, especially with how young some of your team is!"

"It's fine," Lily says quickly, hearing the anger building in her sisters voice. "I'm just frustrated... I haven't been able to get my cup to change in transfiguration, or get my charms to work. I'm just frustrated with everything. It's not quidditch, it's just me. Everyone else is fine."

Felicity rejects the idea immediately.

"Lils, if you're tired you can't focus or perform as well, academically or athletically. There's nothing wrong with you, and you shouldn't compare yourself to the older people on your team, they're capable of handling much more and even then that's too much practice for them. The fifth years have already had tons of homework with OWLs this year, and I know some of your teammates haven't been turning it in. You're being overworked."

She stands up suddenly.

"What are you doing?" Lily asks, clearly panicked.

"Nothing," Felicity tries not to give herself away, knowing her plan is the exact thing Lily is worried about.

"Please don't say anything-"

"I'm not going to say anything!" She reassures/lies. "I'm just going to put a silencing charm on your bed so you can get to sleep without worrying about the other girls waking you up. Do you want anything else? I can cool your pillows or maybe warm your blanket?"

Lily smiles in relief.

"Okay. Well in that case, maybe a cooler pillow will help."

Felicity smiles and waves her wand, whispering an incantation under her breath.

"There. Now you go to bed okay? I don't care if it's early!"

But Lily doesn't fight back, and Felicity is pretty sure her sister is already asleep when she closes the door to her dormitory and sets off to her next visit— Oliver Wood.