07- The Am-AH-Zon Race

Logan's POV

I glanced over at Owen, who was stirring in his sleep in the loser class.

Come to think of it, I hardly ever leave this place.

"Going down..." the blonde murmured, snoring. "Engine failure..."

"Will you pipe down already?" Alejandro snapped at him, growing frustrated. He nudged Owen in the stomach, attempting to silence him.

It's crystal clear that Alejandro isn't particularly fond of Owen. I'm not sure why, though. Owen is a great guy, but sometimes he can be annoying and a bit gross. Nevertheless, he is a selfless person.

"Crash position!" Owen suddenly screamed, flailing his arms around. He accidentally punched Alejandro in the eye, causing him to fall to the ground.

"Ooh!" I winced from my seat.

"Wow. What a terrible dream," Owen muttered, shaking his head as he woke up. "Al, what happened?"

Owen stared at his teammate, utterly clueless.

"Nothing that a little ice and revenge won't fix," Alejandro grumbled from the floor.

"Cool," Owen sighed in relief. "Wait, did you say revenge?"

"Of course not," Alejandro lied, clutching his head. "Just curious, do you have any serious allergies?"

"Uh, let me think..."

~

Chef entered the loser class, placing an eyepatch over Alejandro's eye.

Heh, what a great look.

"I feel guilty for voting off Leshawna. All she did was hurt Heather. I'm hurting innocent animals," DJ said to Lindsay and I as Chef walked out. "How long can a curse last, anyway?"

"Yeah, but Leshawna did cost us the challenge," I told him, placing my hand on his. "It's not your fault she's gone. And you're not cursed."

"Cheer up, DJ!" Lindsay placed her hand on top of ours. "If Tyler can come back, anything can happen. Maybe we'll become the best team ever!"

I smiled a little at Lindsay's encouraging words. DJ's eyes shimmered with ambition.

Yes, this is good! If we keep our hopes up, we might be able to stick together and last longer. Maybe even score first class!

"Here comes the best team ever..." Lindsay, DJ, and I lifted our heads as Chris entered the room, grinning. "...is exactly what I'll say when I reach the first-class compartment."

DJ buried his head in his hands, letting out a slight groan. Lindsay and I did our best to console him.

Why did Chris have to walk in like that just when DJ's optimism was rising? Ugh, stupid luck.

"It's a new day, DJ," I began to say to my friend. "So, it's never too late to change your attitude."

"Brace for landing! We've arrived at our next destination, the Amazon! But the runway's a little short," Chris announced over the PA system. I quickly fastened my seatbelt.

"Gosh, I hope none of the Amazons said this might be lucky for them. That'd be disastrous!" Chris added, laughing.

Just then, the plane spun out of control, skidding across the runway. It finally came to a stop, leaving many of us on the floor.

~

We stood outside our plane, right in front of a dense jungle after that terrible landing.

I'm still curious on how all of us are alive.