14- Picnic At Hanging Dork

A/N

By the looks of it, this book will be done before August! Yay :) Thanks again for the support!

Logan's POV

"I don't know if I can handle flirting with Courtney much longer, and I'm sure Duncan has already caught on," I told Alejandro, my voice laced with frustration as I sat beside him in the loser cabin. "Yesterday, she started playing with my hair!"

A shudder ran through me as I recalled the sensation of her serpent-like scales on the nape of my neck during dinner.

"If you're no longer interested in messing with Courtney, that's fine by me. But we'll need a new plan to bring down her, Duncan, and Gwen," Alejandro responded, bringing his fist down onto his open palm.

Lost in thought, I pulled my legs together on the bench, while Duncan lay on the other side of the room with Owen.

//Duncan's Confessional

"Alejandro has been getting too close to Logan lately, and I don't like it." [crosses his arms] "With them becoming buddies, I know my time is running out unless I can somehow get back on good terms with Logan. [sighs] "I miss her." //

As I opened the confessional door, Duncan brushed past me, pulling me back inside.

"Were you spying on me!?" I exclaimed, standing face to face with the intruder as who reached for the now fixed the lock.

"You come in here to write in that journal of yours?" Duncan pointed towards the journal I held in my hand.

Ugh, how embarrassing. I can't wait to chew out my therapist for this one.

//Logan's Confessional inside the cockpit

"Okay, so maybe sometimes I do go into the bathroom to write," I admitted, while Chef chuckled as he piloted the plane. "Don't judge me, it's one of the only places on this plane where I can have some seclusion!" //

I stared at Duncan, momentarily speechless. If he had noticed my frequent disappearances into the bathroom, then surely the other contestants had as well.

"Uh, hello? Invasion of privacy!" I finally spluttered, shaking my journal. "What if I was using the bathroom?"

"You'd have to be seriously messed up if you were in there for an hour," Duncan retorted with a snort.

Ugh, I hope the others don't think that.

"Gross. You're such a stalker!" I spat out, elbowing him aside so I could reach the door. "Almost as bad as Sierra."

Just as I reached for the lock, Duncan's hand wrapped around my wrist. "Wait, Logan. Please. I need to talk to you."

I groaned, yanking my arm away from his grasp. "What?" I said dryly, turning to face him.

"W-what's going on between you and Courtney?" Duncan asked, taking a step back to give me some space.

"Oh, don't act all surprised."

I'm pretty sure he knows my true intentions with Courtney, so why are we locked in the bathroom together?

What if someone catches us and thinks we're fooling around? Or worse, what if I forgive him? Ugh, there goes my already tarnished reputation.

"I'm not surprised. I know you're trying to make me jealous, and it's not working," Duncan replied with a small smirk. "Besides, you hate Courtney's guts."

"Hated," I corrected, placing my journal on the bathroom counter. "I don't loathe her anymore, but I don't like her, either. But why does it matter? You have Gwen."