ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

"ring"....."ring".....

I woke up from the loud sound echoing throughout my room, seconds later before I realized that it was my alarm clock. I get up from bed and  realized that I was running late. 

"Oh damn it's 6:35 am!"

I went to the bathroom fast and have a quick shower, blow dry my hair and brush my teeth.  I don't put make up cause I am not that kind of person who likes to put one, but the truth is I am just to lazy.

I am Sky Mendez,  a student from SHS Academy. All my life I want to live in simplicity, but how if my family is one of the wealthiest in our city.

While  I was walking seriously fast, cause I know I would be really dead if my teacher caught me late again for the fifth time. Suddenly I felt someone hugged me from behind it was my best friend Abby Cruz,  Abby was my bestie since middle school we are very inseparable we help each other and most of all we trust one another even though sometimes we get into a tiny fight by the next day we make up for what we did and make friends again like nothing even happened at all.

"Sky, did you know that my cousin will transfer to the most prestigious college next school year ?" 

 "Oh Really I'm so happy for him, Abby I am planning to confess my love to Steven on he's coming graduation day." I mumbled softly , accompanied by a smile.

'' OH MY GOD'' are you really going for it girl ? "  she said.

"Yes I think about this a million or maybe a billion times and I'll just better take the risk or lose my chance." I replied, with a cheerful expression.

Today is the day I will confess my love to Steven Cruz he is my best friend Abby's first cousin and my ultimate crush since middle school, he is one year older and a Senior in SHS He is the top student in their batch and of course the smartest in class. 

He is such a book worm that he made the library his second home I even catch him sometimes sleeping there in lunch time.

He is so kind that he helps me and Abby with hard solutions and formulas for our homework. I really admire him from the very start that's why I became a consistent Honor student because of him being my inspiration every time he walks to that stage and get his award I even joined the Readers club and the Artist guild club just to see him every day and today I can really express my love to him.

After his Valedictorian speech I was able to confront him all I want to say and how I felt about loving him without him even knowing. 

"Uhm, Steven can I talk to you for a second ?" I uttered quietly.

"Yes Sky " He replied.

I didn't wait any longer and pull him to a corner.

"Steven, Congratulations! I'm always rooting for since this past few years and today Oh my gosh this is so embarrassing, I like you Steven no.... I mean I love you not as a friend but more than that".

He was surprised and can't utter any word then he said.

 "I adore you Sky and I always will, you're simple, beautiful and most of all kind to everyone.  You are special Sky you deserve better. I bet you'll find the right guy not today but someday you will, a guy who will love you more than his life and would sacrifice the world just for you. "

And then he also said that he loves me only as he's friend and said sorry that he can't return the love I gave him."

"You don't need to feel sorry Steven, this is my feelings and I just wanted you to know you don't need to reciprocate the feelings that I have for you.  I understand you and thank you for all the love, help, and care that you gave to me as a friend Good luck with your future I will still be rooting for you " I replied in a gentle tone.

I was about to walk away when he called my name.

"Sky!" He softly murmured.

I look at him as he looked my way.

"Friends?" he said with a much louder tone.

"Sure, Friends!" With a joyful tone I replied to him.

Then we went our separate ways.

 Saying those words made my heart sank to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean but what else can I do the damage had been done. For now, I guess that's the end of my admiring from a far".