2

Finally back home I plop my bag down near the front door and run up the stairs to my room.

The big window next to my bed facing my closet, looks out upon the big house next to ours.
Owners of the house; the family Estrada.

Jaime, his mom and his dad. His older brother used to live there too but moved out a couple of years ago to study abroad.

My history with Jaime goes way back, back to when we where first born.

Our mothers where highschool friends and lived out their teenage years together. Being apart for some time only to move in to two houses right next to each other.
When I was born a year after Jaime was, I had no choice but to spend a lot of time with him.

They put us in matching outfits and took cute pictures, when we grew older my first word was supposedly 'jah-mi'. Baby talk for Jaime.

I cringe at the thought.

Back then we used to be friends. Thats in the past now.

Somewhere around the age of 14 and 15 he started ignoring me and picking fights with other kids in class. He's changed from that behaviour but our relationship never returned to how it was.

Because we used to spend all our time together. I had a hard time making friends. While he had no problem. He was a rascal but somehow still popular. He ignored me and pushed me away. And to make things worse he just stood by and watched as his friends used to bully me.
Didn't even care to try and stop them.

Until this day I'll always remember the look on his face as he watched me get pushed to the ground and laughed at.

I shiver at the thought and dip under my sheets. Grabbing both sides of my curtain I close them in a hurry.

His room was right across from mine and after today I didn't feel like seeing him, even from this distance.

Somewhere deep inside of I me I still feel sad about it. And still i'm almost a hundred precent sure that if he'd ever apologise, honestly and determined. I'd forgive him.

But hasn't done that. Not once. He used to apologise all the time. Because he's a year older he'd accidentally hurt me or make me cry when we were young.
He'd grab my cheeks and apologised while tears rolled over his cheeks. Pulling me in for a hug and caressing my hair.

I flip around in my bed. Not feeling comfortable anymore.

Fuck even thinking about our past bothers me.

"Carla!" My mom's voice from downstairs is heard.

I get up and walk to my door. "Yeah?" I shout back.

"Go and get ready, we're leaving in 20 minutes!" She shouts up.

I groan and yell her back that 'I will' and close my door behind my back.
I forgot that it's Wednesday, our weekly dine together with their family.

I stride to my closet and pick out an outfit. Black pair of flare jeans and a black top to match. I throw a black blazer over it and step into my black heels.

Finally a put on a gold necklace and a gold clip in my hair to keep it in a bun.

After getting ready I gather my phone, keys, wallet and other boring necessities and stuff it in a small bag. Gold handles and black leather.

I throw it over my shoulder and run down the stairs. When I stand eye to eye with my dad.

I run up to him and hug him. He does the same and lifts me up and spins me around.
"Mi amor." He mumbles as he places a kiss on my cheek.