Chapter 1

My ears are covered by my small hands as I'm sitting on the couch in the livingroom, and it feels like the whole world is shaking.

My eyes are screwed shut, but I'm forced to open them as someone yanked at my arm to stand me up.

"Are you crying? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm the one who'd have a right to cry! Grow the fuck up, it's not you who gets beaten up!"

My mom was practically screaming at me, not letting my trembling body go when my father entered the room.

"Just get the fuck out of here, do your homework or some shit." He pushed me towards the stairs like I weighted nothing, making me fall to my knees.

I couldn't see anything due the blurriness in my eyes as I rushed up the stairs, straight into my room, shutting the door behind myself.

With a few strides I was in my bed, covering myself with the blanket like it would protect me and shield me from the world.

I pulled my knees to my chest, hugging my legs to make myself as small as possible.

Sobs rocked my body as I suddenly felt the ground shaking, making the bed vibrate beneath me.

I looked up to see the walls started moving, slowly closing in on me.

In panic I rush to my door, but as I try to open it frantically, the holder falls down and I knew I was stuck inside.

I turn my head to see that the walls are getting closer and closer with every passing second as I start shouting for my parents.

My hands hurt from how hard I was banging on the door, my throat went dry as I screamed from the top of my lungs.

They probably can't hear me due to their shouting downstairs.

Completely helpless, I fell to the ground and hugged myself as I shut my eyes, murmuring quietly, asking my parents to come and save me.

The space was smaller and smaller as tears soaked my cheeks and I just kept calling for them.

...

I was tangled in my blanket struggling to breathe as I woke up abruptly in my apartment.

The sheets were wet around me from the amount of sweat I produced in my unconscious state.

"Fuck!" I snapped as I found my cheeks also soaked with tears.

I needed a moment to calm down and realize that in fact my walls are standing stable, and it's dead silence in my empty apartment.

"Family kills." I murmured under my breath while slowly shaking my head.

I wiped all the moisture with the sleeve of my pajamas I as glanced at the clock on my bedside table.

It was 4 am.

"Of course, fuck me up on my first day, why not." I cussed angrily as I pulled myself out from under the covers, knowing full well I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

With a sigh I entered the small bathroom that was attached to my bedroom.

Upon stepping in, I looked in the mirror, but regretted it immediately.