Chapter 2

I hopped off the treadmill excitedly and unlocked my phone to see the details.

I wiped my forehead with my mini towel while reading, but it didn't say much, just that the details are attached to the email and to get to work.

I managed to keep my cool without making a scene, but I was so happy that Adams already gave me some real work. I was surprised to be honest.

I had a quick shower before I went back to my computer to read through everything carefully.

We got the information that two Florida men who have history with drug dealing have a scheduled meeting tomorrow.

I found the exact location attached, as well as my partner's name.

It was common that agents worked in pairs, but NHS didn't really set people up in permanent pairs, you usually worked with different people, and Adams notes if you're not working effectively with someone so you don't have to go on missions with them in the future.

My partner for this mission was Eddy Johnson.

Right the second I read his name I got an email from him, saying hi and asking me if we could meet in some kind of conference room a few floors above.

I was still in slight shock, but he was really polite so I had good feelings as I stood up and went on my way to the elevator.

He described where to go, but he was nice enough to wait for me by the elevator and greeted me there.

"Hello, I'm Eddy."

My heart warmed up as I saw the toothy smile of his. He was relatively old. I noticed he started balding and had a bit of a fluffy bear body, he was like two times bigger than me. He could pick me up with one hand throw me away if he wanted.

"Hi, I'm Raven. Nice to meet you." After shaking hands, he showed me to the room and held the door open for me.

It was like a conference room but much smaller, it had computers and a big board where you could write on or pin photos and evidences.

"I heard it's your first day, you must be excited."

I turned around to the sound of his deep voice, he really gave away grandpa vibes.
"Yeah, but I'm thrilled to have my first ever mission." I kept my professional attitude, didn't want to annoy him by being out of my mind.

He just smiled and picked up a pen and started writing on the board.

"So, the information got leaked that tomorrow at 2 am these two criminals will have a meeting, possibly some drug dealing case."

He wrote down the address, the names and the time.

"Do we have any information if they'll have backup?" The question popped in my head, knowing we have to be cautious, we could never know if there's a whole group there hiding.

"We're not sure about that, I say let's prepare for the worst." I nodded along. "We have to take pictures for evidences and make an attempt to arrest both of them."

There were some more details and planning we went through, but it was a simple mission, nothing too difficult.

"I don't know how much you've heard, but after these missions we have to present the case in a conference. Since it's nothing serious, if nothing goes wrong it'll be a 2 minute talk."

"Okay, it makes sense."

"Do you want to go home, or you'd rather stay here until we'd have to go?" He asked nicely.

"I'm fine here, there's nothing really I could do at home anyway."

"Come on, let's go to the cafeteria and have some dinner, it's on me." He motioned towards the door invitingly.