Chapter 9

To say I had a blast that night after I found out I got a new mission would be an understatement.

Wendy was so nice, she was excited for me, and happy to see me alive again.

Damn I made sure the whole club could see how alive I was...

We were in the center of the dancefloor. We were drowning in all the attention we got from the intoxicated males.

I mean it's not that hard to get a man in a club like this. Radiating confidence can push a big quarter of men to their knees, and let's just say I was drunk enough to feel the best way about myself.

This time I didn't even dread the downhill of the party. Even as I got sober the next day, I still had that glint in my eyes and excitement in my veins.

I didn't get much information about that mission yet, only that it's an undercover mission.

I was restless constantly, but in a good way. I was wondering for hours on end what that job would be about and what my tasks will be.

There was a meeting planned in the morning to discuss everything and I couldn't be more eager to find out everything.

Honestly, I felt very lucky to be this passionate about my job. Not too many people can find something they love doing with this amount of adoration. I always feel like a little girl finding out we're going to Disney Land. And in every adult, there's this part in our hearts that will never grow up.

The part that gets excited when they see a slide, and want to rush over to try it out. Or squeals in a high voice when they notice a dog on the street. In my opinion it's important that even though we grow adults, we age, we should pay attention to entertain sometimes this child inside ourselves.

I was a bit careless yesterday though, so my leg was a bit more sore today than usual, but it was manageable. I did my usual check up on it. Changed the bandage and checked the scar that was slowly but steadily healing.

I put on my uniform and my usual make up and decided to leave my hair down.

My way to the institute went by a blink, by now I could go to work with my eyes closed just with muscle memory. I often zone out and the time when I get back my consciousness, I just notice the huge building in front of me.

Upon entering I glanced towards the reception desk to find Grace there but she was busy on the phone so she just waved at me happily. I often stop by to a few minutes' chit-chat, but I didn't want to disturb her so I went up to my floor right away.

I've never been in this conference room yet, it was a bit smaller than the others, I guess not too many agents will work on this one.

I sat down and greeted the other two people who have been already there. One of them was an agent but the other one was a technician from what I could gather from his appearance, body language and overall personality.

I checked my watch and it was 3 minutes past 10, but it was normal that Adams was few minutes late from these, he was always on the run. I can't even imagine what it's like to be the CEO of NHS. You're in and out of conferences all day and every day, hundreds of emails hunt you with every types of situations and you have to make difficult decisions on daily basis.

Even just the thought gave me a headache. Thank god I'm just an agent.

We could hear rushed footsteps from the hallway and suddenly two men entered the room in a hurry.

Adams... along with Will.

"I'm sorry, but I had to go and find Wood in the last minute."

They both sat down at the smaller table, Will taking a seat in front of me not keeping the eye contact for longer than a second.