9 || Rosalie

"What the fuck, Niko?!" I shout, he just ignores me and sits on the pink fluffy chair for my vanity. It's a funny sight.

This mafia man that's always dressed in a suit and doesn't know how to have fun unless he's drunk, sitting in a pink fluffy chair.

"We need to talk." He says, making me nervous.

"About what? And could it not have waited until the morning?" I ask sharply. He once again, ignores me.

"It's been bothering me since Lorenzo told me and I feel like it's something you should know," He says before continuing on.

"Your m-" Before he can finish what he's saying a loud crash comes from downstairs. I quickly get out from under my blankets and grab the gun in the nightstand.

Niko glares at me.

"Stay the here, you've put yourself in enough danger today." He growls and I roll my eyes.

"You do know I was literally trained to be an assassin, right? I was being trained at the age of eight. I know how to deal with this shit." I say, before he can answer I swing open the door and rush downstairs.

Once I get downstairs, I check to see if anything looks abnormal, but it doesn't.

I check the kitchen and release a breath of relief when I see it was just a bowl but worry pings through my chest when I see Hope curled up on the floor breathing heavily.

I bend down a put my hand on her shoulder, she flinches but relaxes slightly when she realizes it's me.

"Are you alright? What happened?" I ask her and she gives me a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes.

"Just had a little scare. I'm alright." She says, trying to reassure me but it doesn't work.

"Okay, if you want to talk about anything just tell me and I'll listen." I smile at her and nods her head.

I grab her a glass of water and give it to her. She takes it but doesn't drink it.

I go to the closet to grab the broom to sweep up the glass. I smile when I see Hope and Zara, Hope's petting her while Zara wags her tail at Hope and licks her face. Hope freezes when she sees the broom in my hand.

"Oh, I can do that. It is my job after all, and it's my fault I dropped the plate. I should clean it up." She says and I int shake my head.

"You're not cleaning anything right now. I will do it, you just rest and drink the water." I say, she looks at me with a shocked look on her face.

I go to the pantry and grab the broom before returning to the kitchen. Hope is laying on the floor with a smile on her face while Zara licks her.

I quickly sweep the glass and put it in the dust pan before putting it in the garbage.

I drop a piece of glass and my dumbass didn't even think and grabbed it with my bare hands, in the process slicing my finger open.

I suck in a sharp breath and Hope looks up at me with concerned eyes.

"Oh God, let me help you." She says and I instantly shake my head.

"No, you just had a panick attack, you need rest and that's what you will do." I say.

"Fine, but tomorrow I will be working instead of having my day off." She says knowing damn well I could just have one of the guards make sure she doesn't leave her house tomorrow.

"I'd like to see you try." I smile and she just laughs.

I jump slightly when I see Niko in the doorway with a weird look on his face. Hope instantly stops laughing when she sees him.

He walks over to me and picks up my hand inspecting the cut on my finger. I look over at Hope to see her looks at me with a confused look and honestly I am too.

Without saying a word he grabs my hand and pulls me out of the kitchen, up the stairs.

"What the hell are you doing? Let me go." I shout, when he doesn't let go I pull my hand out of his.

"The cut needs to be cleaned. There's a piece of glass in it." He states dryly.

"I can do it myself, so let me go." I glare at him and he rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Just let me fucking help you." He growls.

"No."

"Don't make this difficult, it'll be way easier if you just let me. Now let's go before your hand gets infected." Jesus Christ, why's he so dramatic?

It just happened it's not going to get infected already.

I push past him and before I can even move a step, two large hands grab my hips and pick me up right off the ground.

"Niko, put me back down." I say, trying to sound calm but failing miserably. He ignores me and keeps moving up the stairs and down the hallway until we reach his room.

"Niko, put me the fuck down before I snap your neck with my own bare hands." I kick him and he grunts but again, ignores me.

He throws me down onto his bed and grabs the first-aid kit. I try kick him when he gets near me but he just grabs my foot and holds it down.

"Sit up and let me clean the wound, stubborn ass." He says, I don't.

"Don't make this difficult. You've helped me, let me help you now." He says in a hard tone. After him trying to get me up for a few minutes, I give in and sit up.

"That wasn't so hard now, was it?" He says and I roll my eyes.

He grabs the tweezers before gently grabbing my hand. He pushes down on the skin around the cut and I suck in a sharp breath.

Once the glass starts to show more, he goes in with the tweezers and removes the glass, in the process making it bleed a little bit.

He grabs an alcohol wipe and looks up at me with a strange look in his eyes. He dabs it with the wipe and my other hand clenches the bed sheet.

He blows on the wound, making butterflies somehow flutter in my stomach.

He bandages it up quickly and throws away the garbage. He leaves the room without saying a word and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

What the hell is wrong with this dude?

---

Word count: 1108