9. any longer it would've got old

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
narrative and instagram
caitlin's pov

june 11, 2022: davenport, iowa

We step outside. Immediately, Camila runs for her sister's car. I look at Liv with a smile, finding her watching her little sister, unlocking her car doors. "We're taking her to her first ever Build-A-Bear experience, you better feel honored." Liv says, looking over at me with a smile and I nod.

"Oh, I feel honored," I say, getting into the passenger seat of her car as Camila is buckling her seatbelt in the backseat. Liv starts the car back up, allowing me to play music. I plug my phone in, turning on Taylor Swift.

Mila claps her hands in reaction to hearing Taylor Swift fill the car, "Taylor!" She squeals which causes Liv and I to chuckle.

"Didn't realize you were such a big fan, Mila," I say, turning around in my seat as Liv drives to the mall where the Build-A-Bear toy store is located. Camila was only three last time I saw her and hadn't developed her music taste quite yet, I see that has changed.

She smiles at me, "I love Taylor Swift," she says. I nod, Good to know.

"I taught her well, didn't I?" Liv asks with a giggle lacing her voice.

I nod, "You sure did."

We get to the mall fairly quick, but it also wasn't too far from Liv's house. Luckily, she gets a parking spot close to the front and we all climb out of the car. I stand with Camila while waiting for Liv to come around the other side. We walk to the doors, stepping inside with Camila between the two of us.

"Build-A-Bear, Build-A-Bear, Build-A-Bear!" Mila cheers as we walk through the busy mall and I couldn't help but smile, "Are you excited, sissy?" she asks Liv and Liv nods with a soft grin on her face.

"I am, but inside voice please, Mila. We don't want to disturb any other shoppers," Liv reminds her sister. It warms my heart just a little, reminding me how much she cares about her sister and others.

Camila nods as we walk, offering smiles to people we pass, mostly adults and a few teenagers here and there. A few of them smile back, others don't acknowledge her much, "Ninny, do you like using your inside voice?" She asks, looking up at me.

I press my lips together, "Not really," I tell her and Liv gives me a look like I'm going to be in trouble. I look back down to Mila, "We have to use it sometimes though," I add.

I meet Liv's eyes again and she gives me a thumbs up. Mila makes the whole "having kids" thing seem worth it. I love watching her love things. Obviously, I am only a junior in college, but I hadn't really thought about kids.

We make it to the store and Camila leaves our sides quickly, running inside to find whatever she wants to make into a stuffed animal. Liv and I follow behind her, catching up as Camila touches everything.