13. i swear i'm not angry

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
narrative

When I hear the knock, I automatically know that it's Caitlin. I'm still putting my hair up when she knocks and I don't go to the door immediately. She knocks again, "Bus is leaving, Via!" she says loudly from outside of the room. Nevaeh is laughing from where she lays on her bed, scrolling through her phone.

"Cait, you and your impatient ass can come inside!" I call toward her and the door opens, the Clark girl walking inside as I'm finishing up the ponytail braid I put my hair into.

She gives me a wide smile, "We're gonna be late," Caitlin says.

"We have 30 minutes," I tell her, grabbing my bag.

Caitlin waves to Nevaeh before looking back at me, "Just hurry up," she says, spinning her car keys on her finger. It should not be attractive, but it is.

"Have fun at practice, guys," Nevaeh says and I give her a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Vaeh," I reply as Caitlin and I leave the dorm room. In the few months I've been back in Iowa, Caitlin and I have gotten closer. We're not best friends like we were, but we're still friends. I've gotten to know all of the girls on the team too which has been really nice.

Caitlin and I walk out to her car. I place my practice bag on the floor of the passenger side when I slip into the seat, "Any music requests?" she asks.

I shake my head, shrugging my shoulders, "Anything is fine," I tell her and she nods, turning on One Direction. I know for a fact that she doesn't listen to them, not even in their solo careers (except for Niall, from my influence). I look over at her as she starts driving to Carver and she just has a small smirk on her face.

"Oh, Russ and Mila are both coming in October for the first game," I tell her, watching as her face completely lights up. It makes me smile.

Caitlin glances at me with a huge smile, "She's gonna have to meet all of the girls," Caitlin says.

I nod, "She definitely will," I confirm, a small chuckle escaping from my lips.

Her smile falls a little bit as she turns into the parking lot of Carver, "Your mom isn't coming with?" she asks and I quickly shake my head, biting the inside of my lip, "I'm sorry."

I shrug, "It's no big deal. Just a game," I say, grabbing my bag when she puts the car in park. Caitlin doesn't say anything as we get out of the car. She squeezes my shoulder a little bit as we walk toward the entrance.

The men's team is practicing too, before us if I'm right. Their practice should be finishing up soon. I hadn't met any of the men's team, heard them mentioned in conversation, but somehow, I've avoided meeting any of them. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I haven't heard the best things about one player in particular, coming from Caitlin, Kate, and Mon.