2

He limped home as he wondered how he would hide this from his mother, he had VERY visible bruises and blood was slowly oozing down his leg as it began to coagulate and scab. He suddenly jumped about a foot into the air as his phone rang. It was a random number, usually he wouldn't pick these up but curiosity got the best of him and he swiped up to answer the call. 

is this midoria Izuku speaking? 

... Yes it is... Could I help you...? 

we are sorry for the unexpected call but we need to inform you that your  mother, inko midoria was killed in a villain accident... We are sorry for your loss..... 

.....Oh....well... Uhm...thank you for telling me... Goodbye. 

He didn't wait for a good bye back before hanging up the call. What happens now? They were only renting out the one bedroom apartment so he had nowhere to go... Was he... Homeless now? Was he going to be put into foster care? Would anybody even care? He was quirkless after all... 

While Izuku midoria was left dealing with the fact his mother was now dead. It was getting darker. And colder. He was glad he had his coat with him, for he would need it tonight. 

He decided that the safest place to go would be the park over by the lake. Because there was an old play shed  nobody used anymore, so he figured he could camp out there for a while. He walked over and crouched down to get through the doorframe. It was cramped, and it stunk of rotting wood, but it was a roof over his head and a hiding spot. He pulled on his coat and lay down with his head on his backpack and tried to sleep but he just couldn't, so he ended up just propping himself up against the wall of the shed and trying to come up with a way to feed himself and basically, live, when he heard voices outside the shed. 

"So did you pass the entrance exam or not? "

"I'm still not sure.... I mean I threw a squirrel at a robot and it fell over... But I'm not sure that counts... "

Of course.. The ua entrance exam, where he had planned to be in what? 6? 7? years. Could he even do it anymore? Would he even be alive then? He droned out the rest of the conversation and got lost in his trail of thought and before he knew it it was morning and he had lots of stuff to do, the most important of which were filling his water bottle and bandaging that nasty cut on his leg, he opted for filling his bottle first as that cut would need cleaning. He limped over to the water fountain when he spotted an abandoned fish and chips, he suddenly decided fish and chips were more important and that was what led to our little green bean sitting on a park bench wolfing down someone else's cold fish and chips at 5:30 in the morning.