beep. Beep. Beep. 

aizawa listened to the boys heart monitor, it had been 2 days since the incident and he hadn't woken up at all yet. At least he could still see the gentle rise and fall of the kids chest... 

Knock knock! 

The door opened slowly and a nurse walked in with a girl who appeared to be a similar age to the kid. 

" Good afternoon sir, the child had another visitor so I brought her up here. I'm just checking in on him. "

The woman smiled, gently pushing a thermometer under his armpit to check his temperature. 

"A little warmer than usual... " She frowned as the thermometer beeped. She pulled it out of his armpit and dampened a cloth in cold water and placed it on his forehead after pinning back his messy, slightly sweaty fringe back from it. 

The girl looked at him in concern when he groaned and attempted to move his head, but his heart rate went up and he soon stopped. Poor kid. 

"Are they sure when he will wake up yet? " The girl asked, looking over at him, concern visible in her brown eyes. 

"I'm sorry, they aren't sure yet, it could be weeks or even months before he wakes up"
The nurse continued her check up and soon left the room

Two weeks later

Aizawa pov

The school year had almost started and everybody had gotten their acceptance letters but for some reason Izukus had been delivered to him? He decided to bring it with him next time he visited In the bag he brings with him just in case Izuku woke up.

Aizawa arrived at the excessively large hospital ua got their hospital shit done at (cuz... Ya know. .. Fancy ua and all?) And the nurse walked him to Izukus room, did a check up, and left. Aizawa stared at the kid, and the movement of his chest. He noticed it had sped up by quite a bit and sweat beads were beginning to form on his head.

"No- ill- anything- bring- back- nghhhhhh-" Izuku groaned, still not waking up.  Aizawa decided to get a nurse who was walking past. She looked at him in worry, thought for a second, and made a decision.

"Im not really supposed to do this but I'm gonna use my quirk on him, it let's me get into people's head, which allows me to interact with dreams and such"

Aizawa nodded his head and stepped back, giving her some space. She closed her eyes, and put her hand on his forehead, which was noticeably sweaty, and a blue mist seeped out of her hand. He guessed that was her quirk working and sat at the other side of the room, taking drinks out of his bottle and waiting anxiously. He noticed that the nurses face had twisted into an expression of fear, then of sadness, and tears formed in her glazed eyes. The boys chest was normal again and his heart rate was normal.

The nurse stepped back and the kids eyes opened slowly. He groaned and put a hand to his head, then the nurse sat him up in bed and handed him a water bottle, then left. Izuku looked around the room and made eye contact with him. Then asked a question that shocked Aizawa.

"Is the girl ok?"

After all he'd been through, he was asking, completely seriously, if the GIRL was ok?

"after all you went through, two weeks asleep, four broken bones, a serious head injury. Your asking if the girl is ok?!"

"Yeah. Is she? "

"She'll be fine. A minor sprained wrist but she feels really guilty that you took the whole fall"

"That's good, did she get into ua?"

"I'm not sure, I actually need to speak with you about that."

He pulled the kids letter out of his bag and handed it to him. He looked at it, then aizawa, and tears pooled in his eyes.

"This was delivered to my house about two weeks ago. But why my house? I don't mind, obviously, but do you really know no family or anything you could deliver it to?"

Aizawa looked at the kid. Waiting for an answer.

"Thank you for holding onto this for me, but no, I don't have family or friends I could deliver it to. Partly because they all think I'm dead, but also because I've been homeless since I was about 4. And God forbid I go into that shitty system if they report it."

By now, he had tears rolling down his scarred face, and was struggling to get the envelope open. He handed it to Aizawa who gently opened it and handed a letter and a small disc to him. The kid muttered a thanks and began to read the letter.

Izukus pov:

Aizawa Handed the letter to me and I began to read it, staring at the page.

"God's sake, I can barely fucking read it." He muttered to himself. He decided to give up on the letter and try the disc instead. He clicked a button on the middle of it and was startled as a large hologram of all might popped up

" Well done young midoria! You got a 62 on the written exam but your actions in the hero exam guaranteed you a spot in ua high!   Your homeroom class is 1a and your homeroom teacher is sensei Aizawa, more details are in the letter but we wish you a happy recovery, young hero, PLUS ULTRA!"

So he had gotten in after all then, that was good. And he was in aizawas class as well.

"So kid, when you get out of here, where are you planning to go? "

"Well I'm planning on going back into the streets, probably rooftops, they tend to be the safest"

"Kid, no way I'm letting you back there. Not a chance. It's dangerous out there you know. I do think ua has dorm accommodation for teachers during the week, but I'll have to check with nezu about it and see if we can arrange for you to live there."

The kid looked at aizawa like he had just handed him a million dollars.

"I- your the first person that's cared about me in 8 years. Thank you. Aizawa."

"No problem kiddo, and you can call me shouta, if you want to"