3

It was 4am and izuku had long since vacated the shed he had spent his days in, now opting for curling up under dumpsters and the back of alleyways. He peeked in the window to an empty office,it was may now, getting close to the ua entrance exams,he figured he might as well try.... If they let him give it a shot of course, considering he was the height of a 9 year old. He had been picking up some self defence anyway so he figured he would be able to give the practical a go. He hauled himself up a fire escape to the roof of an apartment complex and decided he would camp up here tonight and practice his self taught karate thing he made up.

three weeks later.                                                                                                                                                                       

This was it! The ua entrance exam! Well.....technically it was tomorrow but....still he was very excited because this was his shot at being a HERO! He could finally save people and-and fight villans and hopefully finally belong somewhere! He was so excited- 

"Who are you? "

"... I... Uhhh.... Hiiii..."

"Why are you up here by yourself at 4:36 in the morning young man? Where are your parents?"

Izuku felt a lump in his throat and when he spoke his voice went all high pitched and wobbly

"Dead"

He didn't even notice the tears fuzzing up his vision as the unknown man slowly made his way over. 

"I- I'm so sorry for asking... What's your name child? "

"Call me deku... That's what they all called me.... " He stared out over the city. "And I'm 15,im not a child." He said coldly, he didn't know this man, he could die if they got in a fight and was knocked off the roof. He was right to be cautious. 

"That's not a very nice nickname, why did they call you that?" He said softly, he was trying to chip away at the walls Izuku had built up, and to be honest with you, the child in him that just wanted to be loved was really making it difficult for him to fix the cracks in said walls, and he was tempted to just lay his trust into this strange man. After all what did he have to lose? Nobody knew he even existed. 

"It's ok if you don't wanna talk about it, but you look like you haven't eaten in weeks....  When did you last eat kiddo? My apartments just a few floors down? I have plenty of food if you want some? " He said, softly concerned. Honestly, looking at him it would be hard to tell he hadn't been recently kicked out, he was a mess. 

"... Kid...?"

"I-uh, sorry, uhm yes please, thank you, i- I can't remember when I last ate so thank you sir" He said softly, finally turning to his backpack and picking it up, one of his old knives he had found in a dumpster behind a restraunt fell out and broke on the roof "God dammit" He whispered, picking it up and shoving it in his bag, slicing his hand in the process. He hissed and shook his hand before turning back around to the kind man who now had a slightly concerned expression on his face at the blood oozing out of his hand and beginning to clump in the dirt on his hand. 

"That looks like it hurts, lets hurry so we can get it cleaned yeah? "

"Ok" He climbed down the fire escape with the man and into his apartment

"Hizashi I don't want to know who that is and I don't have the brain cells for this but just don't adopt him and were good"

"Will do zawa! "