La Fine

"Keep them closed," he whispered in her ears with his hands covering her eyes. She has had a wide smile plastered on her face since he told her that he had a surprise for her tonight. It had been a hard past few weeks with the press, races, and life but everything was beginning to go back to normal with the season ending. "Okay open," he said and took his hands off of her eyes. It was a candlelit table on the balcony of the first place they ate together. The stars were shining above and the lights of the buildings shined below with the glow of the moon over the water. "Oh my god Max. This is lovely," she said and looked around the restaurant. It was completely empty which means he had to have rented the whole place out just for this night. "I don't even have words Max, this is beautiful," she said and walked over to the table. It had a lush bouquet of her favorite flowers and plates of their favorite dishes on the table. Max walked over to a chair and pulled it out for her to sit in. She sat down and he scooted the chair in for her. "I wanted to have a special night together after the crazy few weeks that we've had," he said. She noticed that his forehead was sweating even when there was a cold breeze. "It has definitely been a crazy season but I am so glad to have spent it with you," she said and grabbed his hand. Even his hands were clammy. She gave him a confused look and he quickly tried to redirect her attention. "I am so glad that we came on a clear day, you can see all of the stars and it's a full moon tonight," he said. "It is truly a beautiful day today. Monaco always has the prettiest of nights," she said and looked up to admire the sky. She noticed that Max was staring at her as she gazed at the sky and she again shot him a confused look. "Ceclia," he said abruptly. "Yes," she said. "You have been the best thing to ever happen to me and I knew that I wanted to spend every moment I could with you since I met you. This has been the best season ever all thanks to you being my support. I couldn't have pulled through this year without you. You have stayed with me even through my crazy ex and my uncontrollable temper. The day that you came to the team and we ran down the tarmac, I knew that I never wanted to let you go again. So Cecilia, will you marry me?" he said and got down on one knee next to the table. She was in shock, with tears running down her face but managed to squeak out a, "Yes." She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed a kiss onto his lips. He squeezed her waist as tight as he could and they both had smiles beaming on their faces. "Now I know why you were so nervous," she said and rested her head on his chest. "Well at least let me put your ring on," he said and pulled the ring box out. "Oh my god I completely forgot about a ring," she said and gasped at the sight of the ring. It was a beautiful diamond with smaller crystals surrounding it. He slipped it on her finger and they both admired it on her hand. "How did you know what to get?" she asked, baffled at how much she liked it. "Well I took one of your current rings and sized it against that. For the style I asked your mom, Carola, Kika, and Lily for what they thought would be the best style, cut, and size. I have to say I did pick the final one in the end," he said with a pink rose in his cheeks. "Aww Maxi, you did such an amazing job," she said and pressed another kiss to his lips. "Wait, how did you ask my dad for his blessing?" she asked. "I asked him right before the last race, he said he would agree as long as I won the race," he answered. Cecilia laughed and rolled her eyes and said. "Classic Christian." "I am so excited to spend the rest of our lives together," he said and pulled her close. "I have never been more glad that I came back to racing. But I have to say, even back in karting, I knew we would one day get married. Even my mom said it," she said. "Your Mom was very excited when I told her. She said that she has been planning your wedding since we met," he said with a laugh. She rested her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat and felt the rise and fall of his chest. She smiled and whispered, "I love you Max." "I love you Cecilia," he whispered back. The city and stars shone around them as they embraced their new life that they had created for each other.

Thank you for reading this story! Check out my other stories if you like the vibe!