𝟤𝟪 | 𝖧𝗈𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗅

❝𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕

❝𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

My head is pounding.

I can feel something wet dripping from my temple.

My body is throbbing with pain.

My neck is hurting too.

I'm too tired to care.

I can hear voices shouting left and right. One male voice is repeating orders to someone. Another is telling people to stay back and keep their distance and let the paramedics do their job. He keeps saying he doesn't want them to get in their way. That they have it all under control.

A moment later, I hear something being ripped apart. Like it was being torn off its hinges. It happened a second time before I feel hands gently move my head forward, putting something around my neck.

"Ma'am," a man's voice says softly. "You're going to be all right. We got you. Can you tell me your name?"

I don't answer.

More voices continue to come and go before I'm pulled out of somewhere and lying down on something hard. Maybe there's a thin layer of foam for padding but that's about it. It's uncomfortable nonetheless.

"Ma'am," the same man as before says again. "Can you tell us your name? Anything to help us identify you? What about your friend who was sitting in the passenger seat?"

How the hell does he not know who I am?

Suddenly, I hear a woman gasp. "Goodness. That's Valentino Morales's eldest daughter!" she whisper-shouts. My guess is it's directed to her co-worker by the tone of her voice.

"Who's Valentino Morales?"

"Valentino Morales," the woman repeats. "The man who owns the entire city. He's the reason why we all get paid really well. He's the Morales Mafia leader. This woman right here is Asteria Morales, his daughter, the next person to take over. Look the point is that she's an important person and Mr. Morales will raise hell when he finds out about this. We need to get her to the hospital and call him."