𝟧𝟦 | 𝖯𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗈𝗋 𝖡𝗅𝗎𝖾

❝𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞

❝𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Can I ask why in the world you are getting Panda Express at three in the morning?" the employee behind the drive-thru window asks after he hands me back my card

"Can I ask why in the world you are getting Panda Express at three in the morning?" the employee behind the drive-thru window asks after he hands me back my card. "I only ask because you don't seem like the kind of person to grab food this late."

I sigh, shaking my head and sliding the card into my wallet. "The food isn't for me," I tell him. "It's for my pregnant wife and whatever she craves, she gets it. So if she wants Panda Express at three in the morning, she will get Panda Express at three in the morning."

I have learned that it's best to bring or do whatever Asteria wants because if it isn't done, her hormones will take over. She will either start crying or screaming. There's no in-between.

Fortunately, chocolate cake and cherries always fix the problem so I make sure to have them nearby or with me at all times. I literally sleep next to a bowl of fresh cherries so I'm ready to give them to her in case she wakes up. She tends to crave them in the middle of the night.

"When is she due?"

"Sometime in September." At least that's what Asteria's doctor says. Who knows if the baby will decide to come earlier? That was the case with me since I was born five weeks premature. Raquelle, on the other hand, was born almost a month after the initial due date. She did not want to come out at all.

"That's soon," he mumbles before turning around and grabbing a bag. "Alright, here you go, and sorry again for the wait. You have a good night."

They ran out of orange chicken when I pulled up to the restaurant. I had to wait an extra ten minutes for my food so they could prepare more. It was a good call in my opinion. This means that the food will still be hot by the time I arrive at the mansion.

It takes me no more than fifteen minutes to come back home to my wife.

When I enter our room, I find her curled up against the headboard, and watching something on her laptop. The small amount of light from the screen allows me to get a glimpse of her face lighting up.