𝟦𝟧 | 𝖦𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾

❝𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜

❝𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

˗ˏˋ𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'ˎ˗

ONE WEEK LATER

I always thought that it would be years before I would be put in this position.

The position where I want to do nothing but stare at my phone and hope that the screen will light up with my best friend's name. The position where I don't have the energy to do anything or see anyone because I'm grieving the loss of someone.

I want her to tell me that what happened a week ago was just a dream.

That I'm just being stupid.

All I want is that.

Fuck. I wish I was dreaming right now. One where I can wake up and realize that everything is okay. But that's not possible because what happened a week ago really did happen.

I lost my best friend.

I lost the person I had known for twenty years. The one person who always stuck by my side even when times were tough. The person who would come to my aid and I would come to hers no matter the circumstance. It didn't matter if we were fighting over something stupid.

We were always there for each other.

And now . . . I can no longer go to her when I need someone to talk to.

For the past seven days, the news has done nothing but cover the hit-and-run accident that Milani and Ares were involved in. Ares released a statement to the public three days after the accident. He didn't even beat around the bush when he let the world know that Milani had lost her life.

But before he did any of that, he called to let me know what had happened. Ares didn't leave a single detail from that night after my call with Milani. He told me that they walked to a restaurant to pick some food up. They walk back. The accident. Then he woke up and received the news that Milani had died while in surgery.