If You Share This, I'll Sue

"What are you doing here?" Andrew asked Ronnie when we entered the terrace atop my office building. "I'm here on business," the latter shrugged. Andrew shot Samantha a look and scoffed: "Yeah, sure. Business." Sam looked like she might faint. "H-hi," she squeaked. He shook her outstretched hand, though he seemed very reluctant to do it.

"What about you?" Ronnie asked my other client. "Business," he shrugged. "Want to join us?" Ronnie asked.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Radke, but it might be better if Mr. Biersack and myself sit at a different table. We're only just getting started," I explained apologetically.

"Nah, we can join. I have time," Andrew countered. I sighed and sat back in the seat I occupied an hour ago. Sam was unusually quiet. She kept sending glances at the two people sitting opposite us. I pinched my nose to stop the headache I felt starting to spread. This wasn't how I imagined my day going.

"So, how have you been? I didn't know you were also Sophie's client," Ronnie said.

"I only became one today. But me and her go way back," he said.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, my-" he started, but I interrupted him: "Mr. Biersack, I think we should discuss this album of yours. Do you have any specific wishes in mind?" I really didn't want Ronnie thinking I only got this job because I dated the clients.

Andrew smirked and sent me a knowing glare. He fully realized the power he had over me in this situation. I silently prayed to every deity out there that he wouldn't continue the conversation from earlier. It seemed it was my lucky day because he simply started answering my question. I took note of everything he said, dead set on absolutely acing this job.

After one of the most painful hours of my life, the meeting was finally over. Andrew and I agreed on a few things: he would send me the songs, I'd send him the first draft of the cover by the end of next week, and that it would focus on a martyrdom theme, just like the songs in the album. We left the café together, while Ronnie and Samantha stayed in the same spot I left them in the first time.

"Thank you for giving me a chance," I said when we reached my floor. "Don't thank me yet. If Delilah was here, she'd tell you I'm not the easiest client to please. Call me if you need anything. Good-bye."

I rolled my eyes when I knew he couldn't see me anymore. Just when I thought I would never have to deal with him again, this happened.

I sat behind my computer for hours before Sam joined me. I got little to no work done in that time. I couldn't start until I heard the songs. Hopefully, he'd send them before tomorrow.

"I thought you said Andy didn't come with the job," Samantha said when she plopped down on the sofa in my office.

"Yeah, I thought so too," I groaned. I rested my forehead on my arms. I didn't know what else to do today. I asked Sam about Ronnie to distract myself.

"He's amazing! You have no idea... We talked about everything and nothing for five hours. I didn't even know how long we'd been there until I checked my phone. I've always admired him, but I never knew what a great person he was until today. I'm so glad I got to meet him. Thank you," she said happily.

"I'm glad at least one of us had a good day."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I have 9 days to get this cover done or else I'm out of a job."

"What?"

"He said he'd get me fired if he didn't like the cover. I hate him, ugh," I groaned again.

"Can he even do that?" She asked.