Another Compromise Well Done

"Miss Williams, sit down," Mr. Wayne said when I entered his office.

"It's actually Mrs. Biersack, sir," I corrected him. That might not have been the best idea because the glare he sent my way spoke volumes of how he was feeling.

"I am aware. Tell me, what the hell were you thinking?" He asked, trying to remain calm.

"What do you mean, sir?" I asked, truly pushing my luck.

"Do not play coy with me, Sophie. You were aware that there is a strict no-dating the clients policy here, at Wayne&Co.. When did this relationship between you and Mr. Biersack begin?" He asked.

"Uh, well, we've been dating for approximately two and a half months?" I squeaked.

"Excuse me? And you didn't think to notify HR of this?" He asked, exasperated.

"Well, we were planning on asking you to transfer Andy to a different designer and after that I would have gone to HR."

"Well then why did you get married before that?!" He raised his voice.

"It wasn't exactly planned, sir," I shrugged.

He sighed and pinched his nose. I didn't dare ask him if I was getting fired. He seemed like he was having a really difficult time keeping it together. And in all honesty, I couldn't really blame him for that.

"Look, Sophie... If you'd have gone to HR right away, this wouldn't have been a problem; however, right now, I don't really know what to do with you."

"Are you saying that I was allowed to date him?" I asked, surprised.

"Well, yes, but only if-"

"Yeah, yeah, if I had gone to HR..." I interrupted him, feeling like an absolute idiot, because I didn't try finding out about all the options.

"You're lucky you're so good at this job, Mrs. Biersack. Though it makes the decision much harder for me. I should make an example of you, like I did with the rest of them... However, I think that-"

"IF YOU FIRE HER, I WILL BACK OUT OF THE CONTRACT AND I WILL SUE YOU, MR. WAYNE!" Andy came storming into the office.

"Andrew, what the hell are you doing here?!" I hissed.

"I am here to protect your honour, Soph. Look, Mr. Wayne, Sophie is nothing like Delilah or the rest of the bimbos that got fired for sleeping with their clients. I swear that it was I who came onto her. She tried resisting me for months before we started dating. Don't fire her. She doesn't deserve it because this job really means the world to her. And if asking nicely doesn't work, then I can assure you that if Black Veil Brides walk out, many other clients will as well," he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. I stared at my boss in horror, because now I was really afraid of what he might do. Stupid Andy and his knight in shining armour tendencies. If Mr. Wayne wasn't going to fire me before, he would surely do that now.

"Mr. Biersack, take a seat and calm down," he said, sighing.

Andy did as told, grabbing a hold of my hand as we nervously waited for my sentence.

"As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted, I cannot fire you, Sophie. You are, objectively, one of the best designers I have, and with all the publicity you two are getting for this elopement stunt, it would really shine a bad light on my company if I fired you. I am guessing that transferring Mr. Biersack to a different designer is off the table now?" Mr. Wayne asked.

"I am definitely staying under my wife's wing, yes," Andy said, pouting. (Let me remind you that this is a 32-year-old man.)

"I thought that might be the case. Fine. For now, you two may continue working together. Thankfully, there are no pending projects that would require your cooperation at this time. However, I'll say this once and never again: if you two end up separating and it reflects poorly on the company, not only will Mrs. Biersack get fired, I will also sue both of you for damaging the good name of the company my father started. Am I clear?" He asked.